Finance Team Manager (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
|Job Title:||Finance Team Manager (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2020 12:17|
An exciting opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join a large FS business on a 9 month FTC
My client is a large FTSE FS organisation based in Cardiff city centre
This a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant or QBE to join a very prominent FTSE listed FS business in Cardiff on a 9 month FTC.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team responsible for the preparation of accurate daily and monthly Accounting Operations transactions, reconciliations, management information and analytical support to business partners. Lead the preparation of financial ledgers and trial balances from which statutory financial accounts, tax and other regulatory returns can be produced.
- Management. Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
- Daily Actions. Ensure Accounting Operations data is processed in accordance with documented procedures and controls, including the preparation and posting of journals to the accounting system as part of statutory financial or regulatory reporting period end close, in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables.
- Reconciliations. Ensure delivery of financial or box reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, as per deadlines mandated in the Accounting Operations timetable, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
- Financial Reporting. Lead the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue, balance sheet, tax or other regulatory returns in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables.
- Management Information. Ensure analytical support and management information is delivered to various business units, as well as ad hoc requests from Accounting Operations management.
- Financial Controls. Maintain and monitor robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework, including liaison with Group Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Process Reviews. Ensure issues and errors found in Accounting Operations systems and processes, and opportunities for process improvement are identified and progressed through to execution.
- Teamwork. Ensure procedure notes are up to date and there is adequate cross training within the team.
- Projects. Assist with the maintenance, development and integration of relevant systems and support the team with projects, in particular testing, as and when required.
- Either, a qualified accountant or qualified by significant relevant experience within a Finance environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Detailed experience of working on a core accounting system and performing ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Experience of using, extracting and reporting data from accounting and other office based administration systems.
- Experience of spreadsheet design and financial analysis.
- Experienced people manager able to demonstrate positive performance management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to lead meetings. The ability to listen to others and challenge to ensure understanding of their viewpoint.
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines. Performs inbuilt reconciliations and can identify errors in outputs.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to review the work of others and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Able to lead a team and coordinate planning and prioritising of tasks. This role will have 3 direct reports.
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and escalates concerns and challenges existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Clarifies objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome. Can prioritise workloads effectively and obtain relevant information to assist in decision-making.
- Builds and develops strong relationships with peers and within the Accounting Ops leadership team, as well as acting as a valued business partner to other parts of the business.
A basic salary of £40,000
good holiday allowance and benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Manager
Yorkshire and the Humber
£60000 - £70000 per annum + + bonus + pension
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, PMI,
Senior Audit Manager
Financial Controller Designate
£55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, pension