Finance Systems Analyst (TM1)
|Job Title:||Finance Systems Analyst (TM1)|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2020 10:31|
Finance Systems Analyst Cognos TM1
Your new company
A major Leeds based organisation undergoing a Corporate Systems & Processes Transformation Programme
Your new role
This is an interim contract until June 2022
Your main duties will include:
- Facilitating the development of processes and systems to support continuous improvement of planning and forecasting within the organisation.
- Support the business SMEs in familiarisation and use of Planning Analytics models. Providing support to end users in use of Planning Analytics, triaging and troubleshooting functionality, user issues and data queries
- Supporting the transition of the planning and forecasting tool into a live Business As Usual tool, including embedding the use of the tool and development and embedding of an operating model that is appropriate to the University's environment, ensuring alignment of the developing technology with processes, data, people and operational governance
- Supporting the development and testing of functionality of the Planning Analytics planning and forecasting tool, identification and resolution of issues in development of a solution that is fit for purpose
- Leading the development of the necessary capabilities within the organisation for the ongoing use, maintenance and development of the Planning Analytics planning and forecasting solution, including the identification of required roles and training development needs as well as the development of training materials and documentation. Ensuring that key processes are mapped, documented and training documents available;
- Engaging with the product supplier to ensure efficient development of the Planning Analytics tool and compliance with IBM best practice and the University's requirements.
- Fulfilling the Planning Analytics Modeller role, including ad-hoc modelling responding to requests or identifying opportunities
- Proactively planning and executing developments and changes based upon user requirements and opportunities to improve planning and forecasting processes
- Producing recommendations for improvements to the planning process, including system performance and supportability, obtaining agreement from key stakeholders as to best way forward
- Capturing and understanding business requirements and how they are / can be reflected in the Planning Analytics solution
- Designing and implementing Planning Analytics Solutions, including building Dimensions and Cubes, Processes and Rules
What you'll need to succeed
- Good understanding of TM1/Planning Analytics Architecture
- Knowledge of financial planning functions and related processes
- Experience of implementing a large accounting system in a complex organisation;
- Demonstrable experience of translating business and user needs into PA functionality and operating models to deliver process improvement
- An accountancy or IT background.
- Database Skills: Oracle, SQL Server.
- Knowledge of ETL and data integration.
- Good experience and understanding of Business Financial Processes
- Ability to self-manage and lead on areas of activity
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills to deliver Planning Analytics Finance operational reporting
- An ability to proactively influence decision making through negotiation skills;
- The ability to work using own initiative and proactively look at processes to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness;
- Good political awareness, people skills and team working skills
- Excellent analytical skills and a deep understanding of risk and controls;
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project;
- Excellent demonstrable communication skills with the ability to write reports and present financial information to non-specialists, both written and oral;
- The ability to provide insight and guidance on new 'ways of working' based on previous experience on what the 'art of the possible is'.
You may also have:
- Experience of SAP; financial reporting, business objects, business warehouse, Qlik Sense, SAP S/4HANA;
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary commensurate with experience,
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£65000 - £75000 per annum + 35 days holiday, education pension
Finance Business Partner
City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£40k - 45k per year
Finance Business Partner
£35k - 40k per year
Chief Finance Officer
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum