Finance Project Manager
|Job Title:||Finance Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2021 23:21|
My client is a high growth company delivering technology solutions throughout the UK. Started in 2010, the company is expanding rapidly across England and now has over 280 employees and is pursuing ambitious growth plans. Establishing a best in class planning and controls function which, through robust reporting and sound programme management protocols, will support the rollout of company programmes to deliver safely, and to time, quality and cost.
Purpose of the job
As Project Controls & Finance Manager you will play a crucial role on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects. Day to day you will support the project teams in establishing performance management baselines, assessing the cost impact of changes, performing estimates to complete and reporting earned value metrics. Alongside the Project Planner you will also drive performance against the project plan to deliver on time, cost and quality.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
- Assists Head of Commercial Service, Programme Manager, Project Managers and other colleagues in developing Performance Measurement Baselines
- Establishes and maintains the cost components of Budgets and Performance Measurement Baselines in the Region, including the incorporation of all approved changes through the governance structures and the associated impact on Control Accounts, Project Contingencies and Management Reserves etc.
- Performs assessments of the potential cost impact of all proposed changes
- Updates all project cost information with actual progress and robust forecasts, on a monthly cycle Analyses work performed, schedule variances and determines Budgeted Cost of Work Performed, Actual Cost of Work Performed, Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled and Estimate to Complete and provides relevant Earned Value metrics
- Supports the Regional General Manager, Programme Managers and Project Managers in the preparation of the cost and volume components of monthly progress reports, including narratives for current status of cost and schedule performance, budget variances and risks to delivery.
- Supports the Programme Controls Manager in assessing the impact of regional projects one-on-the-other, including undertaking budget optimisation/smoothing across the regional portfolio as/if directed.
- Undertakes goods receipting in Sage and maintains correct Purchase order levels based upon the EAC calculations as required
- Determines the accruals for each Task Order at the end of each reporting period and provides information to the finance team for enacting in Sage
- Supports the General Manager, Programme Manager and commercial team in the allocation of approved business plan funds into programmes and their establishment in corporate systems.
- Supports the Project Planner in ensuring that project schedules are appropriately cost, and resource loaded
- Supports the preparation of routine programme-level reports to project funders
- Deliver monthly reports on current project spend
- Prepares regional business forecasts
- Prepares a monthly financial appraisal of regional capital and operational budget performance. Support the quarterly and annual forecasting for the delivery teams within the region
- Build and maintain relationships with Government officials and local authorities f
- Put in place and maintain a review process, taking ownership for all grant claims for government funded contracts
- Evaluate the impact of changes to projects and provide support on drafting change requests
- Review supplier agreements, identifying opportunities to improve terms and conditions along with supporting on rate reviews
- Prepares financial models that can show the commercial impact of changes in suppliers, build and delivery methodologies
- Providing bid support, for example financial modelling, reviewing contractual terms, supporting contract negotiations
- Supports the Head of Corporate Finance in the preparation and submission of all claims for grants and subsidies
- Provides financial modelling support to the business for key commercial and investment decisions
Qualifications & Accreditation's
- Demonstrable project controls experience is essential
- Qualified Accountant
- Business Partnering experience essential
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's