£26k - 32k per year
20 days ago
Are you in the early stages of your finance career and looking to take the next step in a role with a clear progression path? Are you passionate about international development and excited at the prospect of taking on a programmes-focused role? Want to work for a prestigious organisation whose work had a global reach?
If yes, then look no further!
My client is a Salisbury based international charity who is looking for a Programme Finance Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone in the early stages of their finance career, where the successful candidate will be offered unparalleled opportunities to grow and develop professionally, whilst receiving excellent on the job training from an enthusiastic line manager.
The main responsibilities of this Programme Finance Officer role are as follows:
- Work closely with the in-country teams to support on the regular preparation of forecasts and reports throughout the lifetime of individual programmes.
- Undertake occasional international travel to various locations within your remit to manage relationships with in-country stakeholders on programme-specific matters and ensure compliance with donor and organisational regulations.
- Play a key role in the development of wider country budgets and provide assistance to the line manager in the monitoring of contract spends.
- Provide invaluable support in the management of donor contracts for your area of responsibility, including the preparation of budgets and production of financial reports upon request.
- Work closely with your line manager to prepare data for project-specific audits throughout the year, providing the data for the samples and preparing transaction listings as required.
- Full responsibility for preparing and posting journals into the finance system on a monthly basis and for managing the income process for all programmes within your portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about international development and is looking to take the next step in their finance career, whilst working for a rapidly growing charity, in a role with a clear progression path.
The successful candidate will have:
- The desire to, or already be actively studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification.
- Previous experience working in a finance function.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a bubbly personality and the determination and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
- The confidence to be able to manipulate large data sets in Excel.
- A passion for international development and a willingness to travel.
If you are interested in this Programme Finance Officer opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and the line manager is looking to interview ASAP.