£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Car Allowance
23 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Finance Manager - Statutory Accounts paying up to £60,000 + Car allowance
This established company based in Worksop are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team directly reporting into the Head of Accounting. Ideally you will have at experience in a similar role to ensure a smooth transition to this company. They are well established in their respective market offering a comprehensive service to their clients which develops a high level of quality.
Your new role
You will join the finance team in a pivotal role working on the accounts of several departments within the business. This ensures variation and exposure to multiple elements within Finance.
Working as part of a small team, you will be reporting directly to the Head of Accounting and will have full responsibility for the delivery of annual statutory financial statements as well as undertaking ad hoc project work. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills in order to work across all levels of the business, have a focus on delivering high-quality service and ensure that fundamental issues are addressed and resolved to improve standards.
This is a newly created position and you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Production and management the end to end Statutory Accounts
- Agreeing a timetable for completion of statutory accounts with auditors and internal stakeholders
- Agree template disclosures with auditors
- Ensure draft and final statutory accounts are delivered to the auditors within the agreed timetable
- Identifying improvements and efficiencies to the current process
- Working with the auditors to provide answers to queries and processing agreed amendments to statutory accounts
- Liaise with the internal tax team to produce tax packs and provide other information as required to aid with the completion of the corporation tax returns
- Perform reconciliations between the statutory financial statements and the underlying records
- Agreeing with the relevant finance departments adjustments to the underlying records to agree to the final statutory financial statements
- Quality control to ensure consistency across all accounts
- Managing team delivering head office monthly accounts
- Complete KPI reporting on balance sheet reconciliation compliance
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA) (ACCA) with an audit background who has been responsible for delivery of statutory accounts either in practice or in industry.
You will also:
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business to resolve issues and update key stakeholders on progress
- Should possess the drive to deliver a high-quality service in order to meet agreed service levels.
- Ensure fundamental issues are addressed to avoid repeat occurrences.
- Must be willing to help, support and encourage other accountants and offer developmental coaching and assistance.
What you'll get in return
In return, you receive a competitive salary of up to £60,000 + car allowance coupled with an environment that exposes you to further aspects of accounting and will enhance your skill set moving forward. There is secure parking onsite and is easily accessible from surrounding towns and cities.