Finance Manager (Reporting)
|Job Title:||Finance Manager (Reporting)|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2020 12:32|
This is a great opportunity for a 1st time mover at Assistant Manager/Manager level in Practice or a current Finance Manager looking to step into a large European Group.
My client is a bespoke manufacturer in South Wales who are part of a larger European group.
They are commutable from Cardiff, Newport and Bristol areas
Reporting to the CFO, this is a newly created role within the business.
Responsibility for internal and external financial reporting and the existence of a robust control environment, including the annual internal controls testing campaign in accordance with Internal Control and Group requirements.
- Co-ordination of the internal reporting requirements for the monthly, half year and annual results, in accordance with Group requirements and deadlines. To cover Profit & Loss account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow with forecasting of the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Preparation of the annual Statutory Accounts and acts as the technical expert for Accounting and Reporting Standards and associated Group policies.
- Co-ordination of the internal reporting requirements for Corporation Tax, in accordance with Group requirements and deadlines.
- Promote and ensure the implementation of all Group and Site systems, internal controls and processes, in particular with respect to the law relating to financial security. This will include the design, deployment and monitoring of internal controls processes in line with company standards.
- Standard management and financial internal control testing to identify non-compliance of current operating procedures and standards within multiple departments, especially Finance and Purchasing. Build, monitor and manage the actions from previous and current internal control campaigns, making recommendations on corrective actions and improvements in accordance with the scope of the DACI guidelines - Testing the financial and budgetary controls, reporting results, building and monitoring action plans
- Assist the Internal and external auditors as required.
- Ensure a development plan is in place and actively managed to ensure the development of the direct report with a view to succession planning.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller as and when required.
You will be fully qualified with ICAEW or ACCA and will have External Audit skills gained in an Accountancy Practice.
This would be a great 1st time move for an Assistant Manager/Manager from a large Practice or a 2nd time mover with industry experince.
Experience - Essential
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting
- Understanding of financial controls and processes
- Auditing or internal control experience of a similar organisation
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office packages
- Preparing presentations and financial reports for senior review
Experience - Desirable
- Knowledge of BAAN or SAP ERP systems
- Experience of writing and/or delivering financial training
- Management of direct reports
Skills. Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Building relationships with and managing internal customers and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and Structured approach to work
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Ability to make decisions whilst ensuring that issues/risks have been appropriately considered and mitigated
There will be the need for some travel to other sites occasionally.
A starting salary of circa £45,000 - £50,000
Matched pension to 8%
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
half day finish on a Friday
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's