Finance Manager - Property Services
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Property Services|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2019 08:34|
- Support the Group M&E director and his “heads of” on all aspects of financial decision-making as well as playing a key broader role on the Property Services leadership team (MELT)
- Work closely with operational partners to prepare business cases & post-investment reviews for capital projects and deliver to Investment Committee. Capital includes returning projects such as Energy efficiency as well as non-returning asset replacement capital.
- Management of a full “end to end P&L” including identifying & developing opportunities (through Profit Improvement Plans) to deliver savings targets in line with strategic objectives
- Own & drive projects to deliver insight into Maintenance expenditure such as external benchmarking, helping to drive greater value business decisions
- Support commercial decision making including working with Procurement on contract tenders, process improvement, strategic direction of the MELT
- Close working relationship with colleagues in TBS to develop the team & effectively support the business as well as across the UK (asset management, One Stop, Booker, Distribution, Hospitality, Group treasury).
- An accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- To succeed in this role you will need clear communication skills to effectively and accurately communicate across a number of stakeholders & ensure mutual understanding as many stakeholders, including colleagues in India, work remotely.
- A great ability to work with different teams collaboratively, understanding different points of view and finding the right way to present your point of view forward will be key to success.
- You will have to balance prioritising short-term issues with long term objectives.
- You will have had commercial finance experience – preparing business cases, working with commercial & operational colleagues and be able to demonstrate a good broad knowledge of Tesco / UK retail to advise the business in their decision-making and act appropriately
- You should be able to analyse and interpret data to provide meaningful and practical insights, which inform and direct effective business decision-making and drive performance.
- Experience of working in a Property / services company and owning an “end to end” P&L is preferable but not essential.
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
European Finance Manager
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Group Finance Manager
Group Finance Manager/Commercial Finance Business Manager
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Operations Finance Manager - 12 Month FTC Remote/Hybrid Working
Competitive + Excellent Benefits
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum