Finance Manager - Property Services
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Property Services|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2019 08:34|
About the role
This role provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to business partner a dynamic & effective operational team who really value close Finance involvement. You will be the key finance contact for the Group Maintenance & Engineering Director and his leadership team.
We have a market-leading Maintenance team with significant revenue & capital budgets who are fundamental to the effective maintenance & operation of our estate across stores, DCs and offices.
Our Energy team are committed to reducing carbon emissions & your role in developing, preparing & assessing business cases will be central to delivery of this.
You will work across multiple team, UK finance, treasury, procurement, property operations, other Tesco organisations and third-party organisations to represent Property Services across the business and understand the impact that the actions / projects of others have on your area.
This is a key role to help drive valuable business decisions within the Property Services function through leveraging financial and commercial expertise
You’ll be seen as a trusted member of the Finance team operating at a senior level to be able to work alongside experienced operational and financial stakeholders
There will be management of an end to end P&L for a limited company, working with the operation to make the right business decisions in alignment with the operational and financial long term plan. Working with the Leadership team to collectively build the Property Services future strategy and maintaining the financial framework to support the delivery
This is a fantastic opportunity to work directly with a friendly and engaging Property Services Leadership team, keen to always have Finance “at the table” for all business discussions providing opinion, insight and guidance.
You’ll have the opportunity to work within an experienced Senior Leadership team and won’t just be dedicated to one cost line within Tesco, but the opportunity to support discussions across a number of cost categories aligning direction to the business strategy. Many of the Senior stakeholders are National based, giving the opportunity to travel across the country for key business meeting and you’ll work for a company which supports flexible working to enable a healthy work-life balance.
You will be responsible for
- Support the Group M&E director and his “heads of” on all aspects of financial decision-making as well as playing a key broader role on the Property Services leadership team (MELT)
- Work closely with operational partners to prepare business cases & post-investment reviews for capital projects and deliver to Investment Committee. Capital includes returning projects such as Energy efficiency as well as non-returning asset replacement capital.
- Management of a full “end to end P&L” including identifying & developing opportunities (through Profit Improvement Plans) to deliver savings targets in line with strategic objectives
- Own & drive projects to deliver insight into Maintenance expenditure such as external benchmarking, helping to drive greater value business decisions
- Support commercial decision making including working with Procurement on contract tenders, process improvement, strategic direction of the MELT
- Close working relationship with colleagues in TBS to develop the team & effectively support the business as well as across the UK (asset management, One Stop, Booker, Distribution, Hospitality, Group treasury).
You will need
- An accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- To succeed in this role you will need clear communication skills to effectively and accurately communicate across a number of stakeholders & ensure mutual understanding as many stakeholders, including colleagues in India, work remotely.
- A great ability to work with different teams collaboratively, understanding different points of view and finding the right way to present your point of view forward will be key to success.
- You will have to balance prioritising short-term issues with long term objectives.
- You will have had commercial finance experience – preparing business cases, working with commercial & operational colleagues and be able to demonstrate a good broad knowledge of Tesco / UK retail to advise the business in their decision-making and act appropriately
- You should be able to analyse and interpret data to provide meaningful and practical insights, which inform and direct effective business decision-making and drive performance.
- Experience of working in a Property / services company and owning an “end to end” P&L is preferable but not essential.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's