Finance Manager - Product FP&A (9 Months Parental Cover)
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Product FP&A (9 Months Parental Cover)|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Salary:||58000 - 65000|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2019 11:14|
About the role
The Product division is key to the success of Tesco – this role within Product Central Finance provides reporting, insight & analysis to the Product Finance Director and Product Leadership Team.
You will be working in a £42bn business with the Food and Non-Food Finance teams, understanding the challenging environment that Tesco operates in and adding value with reporting that drives action, budgeting and forecasting.
This role is a great opportunity to gain FP&A experience right at the heart of Tesco, providing insight and analysis into the drivers of our performance and leading the planning process for Product.
You will be responsible for
- Lead & manage the month end close process for Product, understanding the key drivers of performance and providing insight that helps drive decision making.
- Stand over the delivery of the PLT pack - the pack used by Product and Finance Leadership teams to understand Product performance.
- Manage the rolling forecast process, working with Finance Business Partners to ensure business assumptions & initiatives are reflected in the final forecast.
- Lead & manage the planning process for Product, understanding the key budget building blocks, preparing budget summaries for Heads of Finance / PLT and supervising the preparation of detailed Budgets for categories.
- Consolidate Strategic Plan and Budget scenarios for Finance Business Partners.
- Support and monitor the implementation of corrective actions.
- Support analytical ad hoc requests from PLT.
- Manage the Bengaluru team to deliver the above. The Bengaluru team are set up to support / deliver core FP&A processes. This role needs to effectively manage Benglauru colleagues, in order to deliver through them.
You will need
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience in managing large scale budgets
- Experience of engaging and working with senior business stakeholders
- Effective financial analysis skills
- Ability to work against tight timelines
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's