Finance Manager - Operations
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Operations|
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Guy Barwell|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 16:18|
£65,000 - £70,000
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a transactional / operations finance manager with previous experience of managing larger teams within a finance operations or shared service type environment.
The candidate would be required to support the Finance Department in the running of the finance operations team consisting of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Fixed Assets. Ensuring controls are in place for efficient payment and delivery of operational finance, supporting the global impairment process and ensuring effective controls are in place for expenses and payroll.
The candidate would also be required to support the Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements, management reporting and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business.
The position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment.
* Supporting the managers and teams of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and Payroll
* Building strong relationships with International service providers
* Support the business in streamlining and automating existing and new processes
* Create and support a people development plan for all managed staff
* Driving integration of operational finance teams and procedures across all offices
* Adapting the operational finance teams and processes to IT systems changes
* Report and present monthly and quarterly KPI's to senior management
* Managing and supporting key supplier & customer relationships, supplier contracts & payment terms
* Reviewing UK and international batch payments and responsibility for ensuring all checks performed
* Monthly reviews of key controls such as prepayments, Undistributed invoices and invoices on hold
* Develop and own the Group's expenses processing policies at a global level
* Support with providers of Hotel and Travel services such as Click Travel, reporting and new user setup
* Ownership of Barclaycard & Cash plus card process and policy for the Group
* Support on adhoc international projects such as implementation of Workday
* Responsible for international payroll provider and set up of international Payroll support
* Ownership and responsibility of Group's Procurement system and Group's Procurement policy
* Reviewing and implementing changes, as required, to ensure operational finance procedures are commercially focused and meet changing business needs
* Driving initiatives to enhance compliance controls and address areas of non-compliance and internal finance procedures
What we are looking for;
* Previous experience within a shared services centre or large finance operations teams
* Strong demonstrable experience of people management and large teams
* Previous experience of a large ERP systems (e.g. Oracle / SAP Financials)
* Highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail that is deadline focused and goal oriented.
* Methodical, organised and responds quickly to change, whilst demonstrating a proactive approach.
* Effectively communicate technical matters with senior management.
* Forges effective relationships across teams and external advisors easily.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's