Up to £55000 per annum
11 days ago
This role is made for someone who is a technically proficient, hands-on accountant who can work independently on a stand-alone basis, whilst also being approachable and work with other departments fluently.
Please note: this role requires candidates to have experience of WIP and stock management, with agency experience desirable.
My client is an independent marketing agency who have been trailblazing the brand activation and retail sector since 1993. They are big believers in the creative power of brands and the positive impact they can have on people's lives. They identify opportunities for brands to connect with audiences in a meaningful and memorable way, leaving a lasting impression and creating passionate brand advocates.
They are made up of down to earth, trustworthy and dedicated experiential and retail specialists. As a business they truly value the essential role people play in their campaigns; they are front and centre of what they deliver.
They believe that work doesn't always have to feel like work, and have proven it's possible to offer a five star service for clients and customers while also creating a rewarding, friendly and inclusive environment to work within.
- Produce the monthly management accounts
- Provide informative explanation of variances of actual results to the budget/re-forecast
- Manage the Finance Assistant
- Oversee day-to-day running of the Accounts Department
- Ensure all client billing is accurate and reflective of client agreements
- Interrogation of WIP to ensure the correct position is show for each client so that losses are mitigates and profits maximised
- Manage outsourced payroll
- Ensure all financial records and reporting are accurate, include the balance sheet
- Lead the submission of audit information
- Preparation and submission of all relevant statutory and regulatory accounts returns, VAT and other tax accounting systems
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are fully utilised and developed to support the business along with maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of internal processes and systems
- Authorise payments/payroll to ensure that only legitimate payments are made
Good technical accounting skills (qualified accountant)
Agency experience with strong WIP management skills
Experience in managing outsourced payroll
Understanding of stock control and accounting
Understanding of Paprika or similar accounting package
Process orientated with sound systems knowledge
Self-starter with can-do attitude
- Works well with all in the business
- £55,000 salary
- Flexible working
- "Unlimited holidays"
- Pension contribution
- Other benefits to be confirmed