Finance Manager - Group Technology (9 months Parental Cover)
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Group Technology (9 months Parental Cover)|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 15:48|
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
As a finance manager you'll act as the key finance advisor for the Technology leadership team. You'll be supporting the Technology function in the UK and Group to optimise spend in Capital, Opex and Head Offic
You will be responsible for
- Working with Technology Leadership team and FP&A to drive a integrated Strategic and Annual plan in the business. Supporting prioritisation review, key bottom up assumptions and alignment of capital and operational spend
- Working effectively with Control and FP&A to deliver insightful Management Accounts and Director Packs for the leadership to ensure good controls of their areas with detailed risks and opportunities
- Delivering ad hoc financial modelling and analysis to support business decisions working with Control & FP&A
- Reviewing and challenging business cases for Technology spend, ensuring the incremental spend in Technology to save money elsewhere in the business is appropriately catered for
- Facilitating Technology Approvals Group to manage Capital and Operational investment across the Group and UK and working with Investment Committee to ensure processes are joined up
- Identifying & delivering efficiency savings across the cost base and promoting cost consciousness culture
- Helping to develop Financial Awareness across the Technology team
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Data interpretation and analysis
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Senior Stakeholder management
- Resilience & willingness to challenge.
- Finance experience post-qualification in industry as well as within a consulting practice
- Understanding of Technology function is an advantage
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's