Finance Manager - Group Operations
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Group Operations|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Foster|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2019 10:09|
About the role:
Reporting in to the Head of Group Functions, this role sits in a business unit that deals with a diverse range of central corporate functions, including technical accounting and managing Tesco’s holding structures.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a technical mind-set and problem solving attitude, the ability to explain complex concepts clearly, and flexibility to get involved in a number of critical projects as they arise.
With exposure to a wide variety of departments and stakeholders, this is an excellent opportunity to build strong working relationships and develop technical skills in a varied and fast-paced role.
You will be responsible for:
Owner of the periodic reporting and budgeting process for Tesco’s holding companies structure, including Tesco PLC.
Accounting for internal and external transactions as they arise, owning the accounting process for the holding companies, and being a primary finance contact.
Subject matter expert for share-based payments (IFRS 2) and cash bonuses, supporting our Business Services centre in their processes
Providing insight and understanding to business units and Group FP&A on the global IFRS2 and bonus costs and projections
Go-to expert for pensions accounting, responsible for the corporate accounting for Tesco’s multi-billion pound pension scheme, providing key insights to senior stakeholders
Preparing external disclosures for both share-based payments and pensions, and being the key liaison with Investor Relations throughout the year.
Working with auditors both at external reporting dates and throughout the year.
You will need:
- Proactive problem solving attitude, with a desire to deliver continuous improvement
- Professional finance qualification, with a technical mind-set and a willingness to learn.
- Strong communication skills with ability to demonstrate credibility with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage own time effectively and flexibly with changing priorities
- Able to build strong working relationships and influence others, both internally and externally
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Finance Manager
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Group Finance Manager
West London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits
£38000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus