Finance Manager - Group Consolidations & External Reporting
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Group Consolidations & External Reporting|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Foster|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 09:42|
About the role
• This is a significant, high profile opportunity for a driven individual with relevant experience in IFRS and external reporting to work within a fast-paced Group Finance team.
• The primary responsibility is to deliver timely and accurate periodic reporting, interim and preliminary announcements, including the Group’s Annual Report and Financial Statements.
• The successful candidate will develop strong relationships with key stakeholder across Finance (including but not limited to Business Unit Finance teams, Investor Relations, Group Operations Finance and the Group’s external auditors), work to continuously improve the consolidation and external reporting process and deliverables, and be part of a high performing and fast paced team. This provides a fantastic platform to develop a career within Tesco.
You will be responsible for
• To support in the preparation and delivery of accurate, timely and controlled external financial reporting in line with internal and external accounting policies, with responsibility for some of the key primary statements.
• To review Business Unit performance and reporting across the Group each accounting period, including continually improving the process by which business units present and explain periodic results for Group purposes.
• To review key primary statements – cash flow, changes in equity or income statement, based on consolidated results and follow up key movements with constituent business units.
• Ownership for delivering adhoc projects and continuous improvement to support external reporting including requesting changes to be made to HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and testing such changes.
• Providing ad-hoc support to relevant business units to ensure the accuracy of reporting.
• Supporting the Group Planning team during planning and budgeting cycles.
• Management of a Finance Graduate.
You will need
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with excellent academics and relevant post qualified experience.
• Strong background in IFRS knowledge and application.
• The drive, motivation and organisational skills to ensure self and team succeed in an environment of changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Excellent organisation skills and multitasking abilities.
What’s in it for you
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Manager
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, Medical, Pension
External Audit Manager -- Scotland - Asset & Wealth Management
Group Planning & Performance Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£240 - £70000.00 per annum + plus benefits
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits