Finance Manager - Fresh Food Category
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Fresh Food Category|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 13:48|
ROLE AVAILABLE POST JANUARY 2020
About the role
The success of Tesco is driven by the success of the Food business – this role works at the heart of the food business, business partnering two category Directors within the Fresh division
You’ll be the face of finance for two categories (categories that deliver £8bn of sales annually) by business partnering two of our most important Category Directors and have the opportunity to add value in the heartbeat of the Tesco business – Fresh Foods
This is an opportunity where you’ll have hands on experience of the competitive environment that Tesco operates in – cost pressures, competitive challenges (discounters), and stretching internal ambitions and be able to shape and influence the strategy of an £8bn business
A rare opportunity to combine FPA, business partnering and strategy development experience for someone who is looking for a varied role.
You will be responsible for
- Stand over core FPA processes for two categories – budget / rolling forecast (c30% of time taken up with formalised processes)
- Business partner two Category Directors – the face of finance for these key individuals
- Help deliver Tesco’s financial ambitions through working on key strategic projects
- Add value – in a business the size of this there are significant opportunities to be uncovered. This role is well placed to identify opportunities and drive actions that deliver these opportunities
- Drive the strategy for these areas, bringing a longer term lens to a business that can be focussed on the here and now
- Develop a culture of true performance understanding – what is driving our performance and why
You will need
- Desire to add value / drive positive change
- Excellent at building relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Lives the Tesco values – no one tries harder / treat others as they wish to be treated
- Strong communication skills – required in order to manage a broad stakeholder group
- Challenging - willing to challenge stakeholders which have a lot of experience in their field
- Team player – this role is a key part of a wider Product team
- Interested/passionate about retail – a desire to think about our business from a customer perspective
- Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's