Finance Manager for £4m t/o Tech start-up
|Job Title:||Finance Manager for £4m t/o Tech start-up|
|Salary:||£50000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Scott Lavery|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 09:24|
Are you seeking a Finance Manager looking to join a fast-growing tech start-up? Are you keen to join a business as it prepares to expand rapidly, with the challenges this brings? Are you happy to be hands-on initially but with the desire to expand into more of a strategically focused CFO role in the future? If so, this role could be perfect for you.
Our client has been set up by successful entrepreneurs who have a proven track record of growing tech companies into successful businesses and selling them. They have spent the last two years fine-tuning their product and taking it to market. The business has more than doubled in size this year and the rate of growth is likely to increase dramatically with a number of large contracts close to agreement.
Initially the role is a stand-alone position and, as the successful candidate, you will be tasked with putting the business's accounts in order and giving the owners clarity over the cash position. As the business grows you will be expected to hire a team and step into more of a CFO style role focused on the future strategy of the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the business has an inclusive culture and you will have a great deal of impact on the future direction of the company. The role would suit a qualified accountant with previous industry experience looking for the opportunity to grow in a role with progression to CFO as the company grows.
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly, quarterly and year end reports & management accounts
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Liaison with reporting accountants/tax advisors
- Management of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Cost control & variance analysis
- Management of revenue recognition
- Sales and purchase ledger input
- Debtor/creditor control
- U.K. and EU VAT returns
- Supply of finance data to support R&D tax credit applications
- Setting up/authorisation of multi-currency payments & cash flow management
- Inventory accounting with primary manufacturer
- Payroll & pension management
- Be a Qualified Accountant
- Have experience of working in a commercially focused accounting role
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of multi-currency and intrastat accounting as well as EC sales lists
- Have experience of Sage Business Cloud Accounting (or similar) and Excel
- Ability to work autonomously when required and as part of a close knit team of professionals
If you are a Finance Manager seeking a role with an exciting tech start-up in Central London contact Austin Rose, the accountancy recruitment specialists.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
£40 - £70000.00 per annum
£40 - £65000.00 per annum
Richmond upon Thames, London
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum + bonus
Finance Manager (FP&A/Reporting)
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits