Finance Manager - Dubai (Level Shoes)
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Dubai (Level Shoes)|
|Salary:||Expat package + relocation benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jen Gorman|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2019 11:12|
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn’t create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals – and beyond. It’s an exciting journey we’re on, and one you could be part of.
Are you a fully qualified Finance? We are seeking a Finance Manager to lead and drive the finance function for our Own Concept Brand – Level Shoes
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial advice, guidance and support at country level operations. You will oversee the operational finance such as general accounting, financial analysis, credit approvals/collections and payments and establishes short-term and long-term objectives with adequate operating plans.
What you will do:
- Is responsible for the overall finance function of several business units based in a specific area
- Is a service provider of financial information to internal clients and to group headquarters
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the activity of the business units (brands, sales, etc.)
- Add visible value by making a notable impact on operating key performance indicators including ROCE
- Manage monthly and annual reporting
- Prepare and analyze budgets, plans and budget revisions working closely with the operational teams of the business units, challenging their assumptions and proposing revisions.
- Oversee the P&L and balance sheets, analyze and recommend on monthly figures from business units compared to budget and last year.
- Manage the Cashflow, both on a day to day basis and by ensuring that accurate forecasts are made and monitored.
- Provide detailed IRR/payback studies in the group format to justify capital expenditure, including all relevant analysis
- Monitor the returns on investment for all capital expenditure, in particular in retail boutiques
- Optimize the cost structure for units she/he supports
- Liaise with group headquarters and internal customers
- Support operational managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Overall responsibility for accounting accuracy following IFRS and group guidelines
- Assist management team in the continuous process of improving reporting, identifying cost reduction, process improvement opportunities and implement change to gain efficiencies and streamline workflows.
- Develop financial processes and procedures, implement reports and controls to ensure effective asset management
Audit & Control
- Ensure that there is an adequate and maintained internal control environment
- Ensure compliance with group accounting and internal control policies
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide requested supporting documentation and explanations and ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Ensure audits are completed on time and audited financials circulated to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Ensure the safeguard of all assets of the business units under his / her control
- Ensure that perpetual inventory counts are conducted smoothly, proper procedures are followed and stocks are adjusted periodically.
- Communicate the organization’s priorities to ensure team alignment with Group’s objectives
- Responsible for performance management of team members as well as their development, coaching, guidance, engagement and motivation.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
You will demonstrate great leadership skills and a consultative approach towards the business. Your ability to engage and communicate with a diverse range of people will ensure your success with us! More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below....
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable international university;
- Professional qualification (ie CFA, ACCA) is desirable;
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and well-organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines.
- Previous work experience within retail or FMCG
- Minimum on 12 years’ experience, with at least 5 years in a similar role
- A strategic vision, operations excellence and ability to engage, align and develop people and teams.
- Functionally sound knowledge of group accounting and finance activities, business partnering and quality decision making.
- We see success in the role as someone who is passionate in their endeavour to strive for excellence!
- You will have the ability to ensure the fundamental values of all our employees; Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
West London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits include Car-£5k, Bonus- 10%
£52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus