Up to £50000 per annum
15 days ago
You must be a qualified Accountant and ideally have excellent Cost reporting experience in a large business, with the ability to challenge senior stakeholders on spend.
My client is a household named Financial Services client with offices throughout the UK
This is an exciting opportunity for a Fully Qualified Accountant with significant Cost Reporting and Finance Business Partnering skills.
Reporting to the Head of Service, you will be covering a 6-month secondee in the role.
The role will include;
- You'll deliver regular cost trend analysis across a number of metrics and all divisions to provide insightful commentary, using the output as the basis for challenging divisional spends patterns and trends and undertaking cost deep dive analysis when appropriate/requested. This will involve working collaboratively with Group Performance, ensuring specific cost challenge matters are shared in readiness of challenge to a respective division. This will also ensure regular delivery of Board papers, to outline the performance against defined cost metrics and communicate risks in a succinct and timely manner.
- You'll develop, embed and manage a cost analysis capability using appropriate data analytics tools, software and skills to ensure analysis capabilities are fully utilised. Ensure data analytics tools are fully integrated with existing cost systems, and requirements are constantly met, managed and maintained.
- You'll have responsibility for chairing monthly cost review meetings with the divisions focused with the aim of gaining a full understating of cost drivers and trends. Critically review and, where appropriate, provide strong challenge to divisional cost plans, forecasts and metrics, using the ability to influence and negotiate to get the required outcomes. Provide regular updates to Group Performance to ensure consistency of message and understanding.
- You'll ensure quarterly cost forecasts are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with the timetable outlined. Develop the output of the quarterly forecasts so that it inherently becomes useful for a longer term planning purpose and ensure a coherent to the annual five year plan process in accordance with Group performance.
- You'll work collaboratively with the divisional Finance teams to ensure consistency in application so that group-wide costs are appropriately managed, challenged and accounted, and thereby ensuring customers are treated fairly.
- You'll develop and maintain strong working relationships with divisional Finance teams to enable efficient and effective cost review discussions and effective forecasts and plans are developed including providing assistance to the Group Performance team by supplying insightful cost trend and deep dive analysis.
- You'll manage a team (of 2) and take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
- You'll assist the Head of Cost Analysis & Challenge in driving Cost Management Transformation projects, including the development of any new planning & forecasting systems as well as other expense reporting & analytical capabilities
- You'll be ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant with PQE in a management accounting environment or equivalent experience
- You'll have a strong understanding of process integrity and task dependency in complex processes sufficient to propose design options, audit, test and understand the constraints of complex spreadsheet and database models
- You'll have excellent analytical skills with the ability to clearly draw out key messages from a large volume of data
- You'll have advanced Excel and data analytics software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to both constructively challenge and influence at all levels
- You'll have superb written and verbal communication skills, especially given the interaction with senior stakeholders and business partners
- You'll have focus and demonstration of constant process improvement
Salary of £50,000
full home working - the client does not see this role returning to office based inside the next 6 months