Finance Manager - Controls
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Controls|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Foster|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2019 10:19|
About the role:
The main responsibility of this Finance Manager role is to establish and maintain control best practice within the property function and to assure and improve the consistency of application across the Group - the key focus being judgmental areas, notably impairments/provisions.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing, maintaining and evolving impairment models (now including Right of Use leased assets) and associated dilapidation and onerous contract provisions.
- Support the business units during the annual impairment process in regards interpreting their outputs, troubleshooting and guiding on assumptions
- Collaboratively working with Global Process Owners, Group Control and Group technical to establish best practice in regards the operational application of impairment/provisions which are compliant with TGAP, SOPs and RACMs
- Working with the business units across the group to ensure operational best practice is consistently applied throughout the business
- Working with Group Control to prepare accounting papers for senior finance stakeholders including papers for the Audit Committee.
- Working with Group Control at the Half Year and Year End to support in the production of the external reporting including impairment disclosure notes.
- Working with both UK and Group external auditor teams to support the audit of impairment.
- Working with Group Control and Group Technical to calculate group level inputs to the impairment model, such as WACC rates.
You will need:
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Track record in driving continuous improvement.
- Financial Accounting & control experience.
- Process implementation
- Stakeholder messaging
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Bonus and Benefits
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum + car
Marketing Finance Manager
£70000 - £80000 per annum + £5k Car Allowance, Bonus & Excellent Bens
Commercial Finance Manager
£58000 - £62000 per annum + £6.5k Car + Bens
Finance Manager - Trading Accounts
Leeds, West Yorkshire