Finance Manager - Business Partnering
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Business Partnering|
|Location:||Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £58000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joel Wray|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 15:25|
Finance Manager - Business Partnering - £50,000 to £58,000
Your new company
Your new company is a reputable public sector organisation which has just undergone a period of exciting change and development.
Your new role
Your new role is a key appointment for the organisation and will lead a team of experienced finance professionals. You will report directly into the deputy director of finance and join a high calibre senior management team.
- Lead and manage the approach to Finance business partnering and deliver a value adding business support mechanism
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Responsible for the management of the Finance - Research & Grants team to deliver high quality financial management and control of externally funded projects and externally funded programmes
Key responsibilities to include;
- Continue to drive the development of a culture of continuous improvement through the provision of a strong business partnering framework to stakeholders and Corporate Departments.
- Coordinate the budget and budget setting process devolving responsibility to stakeholder's departments
- Develop metrics aligned to strategic objectives to assess business and Corporate Department performance
- Monitoring and review of performance and results for the business and Corporate Departments and agreement of any actions resulting, together with details of impact on forecast outturn.
- Coordination, production and dissemination of monthly reporting pack.
- Production of financial forecast.
- Develop costing methodologies and appropriate investment appraisal models.
- Manage the business partners and the Research and Grants team. (11)
- To provide timely and accurate management information for research and grants, ensuring there is appropriate financial planning, probity and reporting in respect of the funds
- To manage the production of financial claims for each project/programme in line with the requirements of the funding organisation.
- Co-ordinate month end reporting with colleagues in both teams
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA) or you will possess significant relevant experience. You will be an experienced team manager and have the ability to obtain buy in from your staff and other stakeholders across the business. You will be highly commercial and not be afraid to suggest new ideas.
What you'll get in return
In return you will join an organisation during an exciting time of change. You will be well rewarded with a generous salary up to £58,000 and a market leading pension. You will benefit from flexible working and receive 35 days holidays per annum + 8 bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance Business Partnering
£55000 - £65000 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
£42000.00 - £46000.00 per annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
Director of Finance & Corporate Services
Excellent salary and benefits
Group Head of Accounting Policy
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum