Finance Manager part-time (1 day per week)
|Job Title:||Finance Manager part-time (1 day per week)|
|Salary:||£8,000 per annum (£40,000 FTE)|
|Contact Name:||Ali Fiddy|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 14:03|
IPSEA is a registered national charity (number 327691) giving free and independent legally-based information, advice and support to make sure that children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) get the right education.
We wish to recruit a part-time Finance Manager (7 hours per week) to have overall oversight of IPSEA’s income and expenditure budget, and to provide strategic financial advice and support to the organisation’s Management Team and Board of Trustees. This role may suit somone who has taken a career break or has recently retired.
Specific Role Duties
- Maintain and develop financial systems, policies and procedures for the organisation.
- Monitor cashflow, accounts and other financial transactions.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly management accounts and cashflow forecasts for the management team and Board of Trustees.
- Provide timely financial information to the management team and Board of Trustees as required, including for fundraising bids.
- Hold overall responsibility for the organisation’s bank accounts.
- Assist IPSEA’s Chief Executive and Board of Trustees with the setting and monitoring of the organisation’s annual income and expenditure budget.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist IPSEA’s Chief Executive and Board of Trustees in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Track the organisation’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Ensure that all of the organisation's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained to meet legal, tax and charitable requirements applicable to the organisation.
- Supervise the work of IPSEA’s consultant bookkeeper and finance administrator in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including invoicing and payroll.
- Liaise with IPSEA’s treasurer, auditor and consultant bookkeeper as necessary.
- Coordinate the organisation’s annual audit.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's