|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harry Ataou|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 12:21|
Finance Manager - Leading and Growing IT Business - Gloucester, Gloucestershire - £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
About the client
My client is an IT consultancy and services business, enabling businesses to harness the full benefits of information technology. We pride ourselves on the quality of people in the business and the high level of service this enables us to deliver across a wide range of IT services and projects.
Offers a friendly working environment where open learning, collaboration, feedback and support are encouraged. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone seeking to further their technical knowledge and gain experience in a dynamic environment with other like-minded industry professionals. They believe in rewarding hard work and loyalty, and this is reflected in their benefits package.
These are exciting times at over the past 18 months, our compound annual growth rate has grown in excess of 30%. We're looking for someone committed and ambitious to join us on our journey.
Purpose of the role:
This role will be primarily focused on working with company senior management to help them make key decisions to aid financial growth and profit, along with the day to day management of their small finance team. The role will include proving financial information to inform business strategy, assisting with planning and commercial decision making by providing appropriate financial information, and understanding accounts administration. This role is a member of the senior management team.
Key responsibilities :
- Day to day management of the Finance Team
- Ensure the timely preparation of and development of the management accounts function of the Company
- Prepare reports, budgets, forecasts, commentaries and financial statements
- Reconcile actual spending with budgets
- Undertake financial administration
- Develop and manage financial systems/policies
- Control and forecast income and expenditure
- Cost control management for the business, ensuring value for money is obtained with contracted and one-off major expenditure items
- Perform calculations to produce financial analyses and reports as requested by the management
- Ensure all billing functions are completed as required
- Ensure all financial calculations and data entries are correct
- Answers questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Senior Management Team input and contributing to company decisions
- Uses excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to maintain clear and effective communication with staff members, customers and other third parties.
- Pro-actively builds own knowledge and experience to keep up to date with existing and proposed products and services offered
- Applies experience of managing a finance team to ensure all team members are delivering a high-quality finance function to the business.
- Applies analytical skills and experience to data and financial analysis.
- Uses experience to ensure best value is obtained from contracted and major expenditure items.
- Uses own experience and learning to identify areas for operational improvements.
- Presents a professional and knowledgeable image of the company throughout all interactions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the commercial pressures of a small business and how their own actions can affect these.
Technical skills and qualifications :
- A recognised finance qualification (Would consider AAT or QBE as well as CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Advanced Excel
- Power BI experience would be advantageous
- Ideally coming from an SME background
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's