Bradford, West Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join a highly entrepreneurial consultancy business based in Bradford. The company is growing from strength to strength and it is an exciting time to join this business.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Board of directors you will be responsible for overseeing the finance function of along with providing line management to 4 members of the business support team. In addition to this you will also be looking after a small subsidiary proving financial support for that as well.
You will be operating as part of a team out of a pleasant open plan office.
The Role: There are two parts to the role.
- Finance Manager for the consultancy and its subsidiary
- Line management of finance assistant and the 3 members of the business support team
You will take responsibility for all financial management tasks and accounting tasks which are not outsourced to the accountants, whilst providing organisational and administrative leadership for all financial aspects of the business.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing financial policy, internal and external financial reporting, financial analysis, and financial controls and procedures across the business ensure efficiency, effectiveness in line with statutory best practice.
The company has very good systems and process already in place and do not envisage any major changes to it, but they are open to suggestions on how they can improve this area of the business.
- Oversee / undertake Payroll
- Company Purchasing
- Update P/L and cashflow forecast accounts
- Management of Zero accountancy system
- Liaise with external Accountant
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances.
- Agree annual budgets with key stakeholder across the business to provide accurate forecasting and monitor monthly to ensure that all costs are proactively managed.
- Lead the monthly account review meeting and advise senior management on issue/patterns and provide solutions to these.
- Act as the main point of contact to all external auditors and provide all required information.
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that company policies are followed. Ensuring all tax, PAYE, NI, VAT and Corporation tax is paid within statutory timelines.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information on a weekly basis and as required to monitor performance of all divisions.
- Ensure that the company cashflow is optimised by reducing debtor days and extended credit days whilst maintaining excellent customer and supplier relationships.
- Provide monthly and annual accounts for the company group of companies
- Recruit, develop and manage the finance team to achieve their full potential and to deliver an effective and efficient service.
- Provide line management duties to the business support team so that holidays, sickness and any work-related issues can be brought to your attention.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an experienced Finance Manager with a good appreciation of financial process and procedures. Qualifications are preferable, but if you are qualified by experience this is equally acceptable.
- Optional qualifications (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Experience of managing staff or line management
- Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energise others
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to support, advise and influence managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial control where necessary
- Strong IT literacy, etc word, excel etc
- Knowledge of Zero or similar types of systems
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Positive mindset
- Can do attitude
- Enjoys working in a team
- If required, willing to undertake tasks which an assistant normally undertakes
- Good time keeper
- Must be a completer / finisher
- Can work independently
- Has the initiative to improve current systems and processes
- Must have a drive and passion to their chosen profession
What you'll get in return
- Salary - £40,000 to 45,000 dependant on experience
- Pension - 6% employer 4% Employee
- Holidays - 24 days plus 8 statutory
- Life Insurance 3 x salary
- Phone and laptop
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.