Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
Our client have supported small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) since 1982 and today they support more than 12,000 businesses worldwide. They are proud to help businesses, both big and small to grow and thrive in domestic and international markets. Why them? They are in the business of relationships. They know real value lies in real people, and it takes a motivated mindset and can-do attitude to belong there. It can be fast-paced and full-on but they can handle it. They are a collective of 'got your back', they collaborate together, take ownership and deliver for their clients every time. That way, everybody wins. In return, they are all empowered to get the job done because their trusted to get it right. It's why they were hired in the first place. They want you to make the choices you believe in - They will believe in them too.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to oversee the Finance function and support the delivery of the desired financial performance and continued control of costs. The role will manage the preparation of Financial MI and support the preparation of planning cycles. The role is also responsible for maintaining the financial records for the business. Ownership of the financial compliance and management of audits will also lie with this role
Duties & Responsibilities
- Production and interpretation of financial information and analytics along with delivering resulting actions from the MI created.
- Ownership of accounting, monitoring and reporting systems. In addition this includes the continuous improvement of month end accounts process.
- Responsibility for Treasury/cash - Liaison with Funders and provision of information including drawdown of funds when required
- Proactive control over the Financial Compliance and risk for the business. This is achieved through the development of financial management mechanisms and creation of sustained relationships with appropriate external contacts e.g. auditors, HMRC.
- Overall responsibility for VAT ensuring returns are accurate and we are compliant to HMRC rules.
- Proactive cost control for the business through the support in the preparation of budgets including Financial and Sales. And continued reporting and adherence to those budgets.
- Effectively manage the finance team through appropriate resourcing, selection, succession planning and retention plans that are prioritised appropriately to retain skills and knowledge within the team.
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
What you'll need to succeed
- Well-developed reporting and analytical skills proven within a financial services Finance function (Not essential)
- Ability to proactively work to tight deadlines and flex work schedules accordingly
- Fully qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA with demonstrable PQE
- Experience in a managerial role
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision Accounting (An advantage)
What you'll get in return
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Company pension scheme
- Wide range of flexible benefits, such as gym membership, technology or health assessments
- Access to an online wellbeing centre
- Range of discounts from many businesses
- 25 days holiday which increases with service and options to buy or sell more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.