£36000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
New role *** excellent career opportunity - Finance Manager - based north Carlisle
Your new company
A successful and well established Group organisation with businesses over a breadth of sectors, including hospitality, agriculture and retail are recruiting a driven and talented Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The position of Finance Manager has been created to manage the day to day finances and lead a small team reporting to the Finance Director. This role has a clear career progression for the right candidate to make their mark. The organisation has significant growth plans and will soon be implementing a new finance system.
Your new role
As Finance Manager you will work directly reporting to the Finance Director to help drive and shape the accounts function. This is an exciting and interesting role which will allow you to identify and implement opportunities to improve accounting, reporting and planning within the business. The ideal candidate will be willing to carry out a variety of tasks, work flexibly, provide insightful financial and analytical support to assist with agile business decisions. You will have a proven track record of delivering a high-quality performance in a busy commercial environment, have good commercial awareness, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and willing to work on your own as well as part of a small team.
Typical duties will include:
- Preparing and submitting the weekly and monthly KPI analysis and reporting
- Develop and complete adhoc/bespoke analysis for the business to identify risk, and to drive improvement
- Experience of Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, and Bank and Cashflow Management
- Completion of accurate monthly management accounts in line with agreed deadlines and develop strategies that work to minimise financial risks
- Apply a continuous improvement ethos towards all processes and assist with the development and redesign of various reporting and analysis tools to maximise impact and efficiency
- Assisting with the preparation and review of annual budgets in accordance with timetables
- Liaising with external auditors and other external partners
- Review and influence business processes
- Manage and driving cost-saving initiatives to support more profitable growth within the business
- Ensure that the balance sheet is a true reflection of Company assets and liabilities through periodic review and reconciliation.
- Grow, lead and develop the Finance team
- Analyse market trends and competitors
- Overall accountability for the accounting function
- Assist Heads of Departments to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a driven, Qualified, or part qualified (CIMA, CA, ACCA) ideally with 2 years post qualification experience.
- Have experience of maintaining strong financial controls
- Show enthusiasm to bring new ideas
- Be able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Show strong supervisory skills
- Have a high level of energy and drive
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Retail and/or Hospitality sectors would be advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud based financial systems.
- Well versed with MS Office applications, especially Excel
What you'll get in return
Salary up to £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
Full time permanent role
Hybrid working pattern and flexibility
25% staff discount
Flexibility - Hybrid working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.