£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 days ago
Michael Page are pleased to partner with a family owned SME who are looking to recruit a Finance Manager.
In operation for over 40 years, the business are a leading manufacturer in their field, Yorkshire based but with an international network of offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
They are looking for a Finance Manager, to report into the Finance Director, focusing on providing financial control and support and managing a small team. It's a varied role, with exposure and autonomy and ideally suited to someone with previous experience in management accounts, ideally from a manufacturing background but not essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Calculate and provide commentary on variances from the budget, reporting significant issues to management
- Maintain accruals and prepayments schedules;
- Maintain and manage the Capex process
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting (such as margin and departmental reporting);
- Comply with reporting requirements for VAT
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Assist with the year-end audit;
- Continuous support of Finance team members, processes and procedures;
Ideally you will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with prior experience in management accounts and team management.
Knowledge and experience of working within a manufacturing environment would be beneficial but not essential.
A high proficiency in Excel is also a prerequisite.