Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
The Finance Manager will effectively manage the Finance Team to ensure delivery of a proactive and professional service ensuring finance deadlines, legislative and statutory requirements are met. Work closely with the wider organisation, building strong internal relationships to ensure the effective management of financial resources.
My client is a well known organisation in the not for profit and charities sector based in Milton Keynes.
The key responsibilities for the Finance Manager will be:
- Oversee the production of monthly management accounts for both the charity and trading company to strict deadlines, providing commentary on key areas. Provide management information in a way which enables action and imparts financial awareness to budget holders, also participating in Trustee meetings, as required.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Resources, produce annual accounts for both companies for submission to external auditors and complete all statutory schedules and accounts, including VAT returns, Gift Aid returns etc. Demonstrate working knowledge of charity accounting, SORPS etc.
- Ensure appropriate financial control operates within the organisation, reviewing and improving systems and processes as required and driving efficiencies in all aspects of day to day finance operations.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting processes, supporting the accountants in its production and working closely with budget holders to review performance against budget.
- Managing the cash flow, preparing a monthly cash forecast and management of cash levels to maximise benefit for the organisation.
- Ensure the reconciliation of control accounts and inter-company accounts etc. and undertake regular review of nominal ledger, fixed assets, aged debtors and creditors.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of monthly payroll and tax year end, providing expertise in this area.
- Manage and develop the Finance Team members to enable them to fulfil their roles to their full potential, ensuring that they and the department operate within the accredited quality framework, GDPR legislation and in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
- Provide advice, guidance and financial training to budget holders as required
- As part of the management structure, proactive involvement in management meetings and project groups, eg IM&T, working collaboratively with peers to deliver organisational strategic priorities.
- Revise and develop finance and operational policies that reflect organisational values and comply with legal and statutory requirements.
The successful candidate for the Finance Manager will:
- Be qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) or qualified by experience
- Have strong communication and written skills
- Be proficient in Excel and office
- Have demonstrable people management experience
- Have experience of charity accounting
My client if offering a 12 month fixed term contract with a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 or a daily rate