|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£50k - 55k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2021 10:59|
Ibstock Place School are once again partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Finance Manager role on a permanent, full time basis. Ibstock is a friendly and happy school with a distinctive atmosphere where pupils have breadth of opportunity and respect for the diversity of achievement. This fantastic Independent School are now delighted to be recruiting to this key Finance Manager role.
Developments in the School have been significant since the opening of the Senior Department in 1976 and over the last sixteen years, construction has included a building for the Preparatory Department, a Sports Hall, New School, a significant building housing a new library, science laboratories, numerous classrooms and a Theatre.
This role would suit an experienced and proactive Finance Manager who could be responsible for providing varied accounting services to the School.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Advise the Head and Bursar on statutory obligations and legislative changes concerning charity accounting.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting processes.
- Act as second to the Bursar in his absence.
- To prepare and present management accounts, including analysis and commentary to the Headteacher, Governors and others as required.
- Manage a small team of two.
- Lead the annual and statutory reporting process for internal and external audits.
- Apply discipline in financial management, including managing banking, debt and cash flow, with appropriate segregation of duties.
- Prepare submit the statutory reports.
- Ensure the School complies with Charity and Company law and that statutory reports are delivered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monthly payroll, pension calculations, and related returns and payments.
- Preparation and maintenance of a fixed asset register and schedule of depreciation.
The School, occupying a ten-acre site on both sides of Clarence Lane, is divided into two departments, the Preparatory Department, 4-11 years (including the Pre-Prep, catering for children 4-6 years), and the Senior School 11-18 years.
Ibstock Place School is over-subscribed and there is assessed entry at the age of four for Kindergarten (Reception); the assessment is designed to identify those children who are able to take advantage of the Ibstock Place School experience. There is a competitive entry examination at the age of eleven and Prep School pupils compete with external candidates and do not have rite of passage through to the Senior School.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Relevant qualification (CCAB qualified)
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a Finance Manager/Management Accountant role
- Previous experience as a Manager
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards.
- To be able to adapt to change
- Work to high standards
Please note previous experience working within the education or charity sector is desirable but not essential. Candidates from other sectors with relevant experience are still urged to apply.
This opportunity will be based at offices on site at the School.
The closing date for applications is 29th March. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's