|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 14:43|
A permanent Finance Manager job paying £40-50k for a business based in Droitwich.
£40,000-£50,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (9-5.30) - flexibility required
Your new company
Hays are currently supporting a well-established business in the Droitwich area as they look to appoint a hands-on and experienced Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, you will be the 'go to' person in finance and be responsible for handling the day-to-day financial activities of the business. With a number of large projects in the pipeline, you'll also play a pivotal role in the future growth of the company.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and report to the MD with findings
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and budgets vs. actuals
- Prepare and enter accruals and prepayments
- Ensure that the calculation, reporting and payment of VAT is compliant with HMRC requirements
- Payroll, HMRC payments and year-end P60 and P11D preparation
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register including the calculation and posting of depreciation
- Maintain up-to-date spreadsheets for bank movements between intercompany accounts
- Process supplier and customer payments
- Checking all nominal codes on purchase invoices and credit cards
- Raising customer invoices and chasing debts
- Liaise with internal and external contacts on a regular basis
- Line management of one staff member
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE
- Experience of month-end processes and management accounting
- Strong analytical and numerical skills demonstrating an ability to identify and react to emerging issues
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- A confident self-starter with the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills and good working knowledge of accountancy packages (ideally Quickbooks)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to work for a fast-paced and rapidly changing organisation. In addition, you'll benefit from 22 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension and flexible working opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's