30000 - 40000
19 days ago
Northern Star Academies Trust
Northern Star Academies Trust is an innovative and growing multi academy trust. Currently the Trust includes eight schools and operates with a central executive management function and three geographical hubs in Harrogate, Skipton and Keighley (North & West Yorkshire). As the Trust has flourished we are now looking for a Finance Manager to join our central Trust finance team.
The Finance Manager will be an integral part of the finance team, leading the day to day finance processes and collaborating closely with the Trust Chief Finance Officer and our hub Business Managers. Key roles & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- maintaining and further developing a rigorous controls environment;
- day to day running of an efficient and well controlled finance function;
- supporting the strategic financial planning process;
- month end processes and preparation of monthly management accounts;
- preparing quarterly partial exemption vat calculations;
- supporting annual regulatory reporting and audit requirements.
The appointed candidate will be a qualified accountant with a proven track record in leading a team. This post is a great opportunity for a high calibre individual who wishes to use their experience in the education sector.
To be the successful candidate you will:
- be a qualified accountant;
- have good current and relevant technical knowledge, including experience in VAT;
- demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- be truly ambitious for our vibrant Schools and Trust and for each and every student within it;
- be able to work responsively and flexibly to meet the ever changing needs of our Trust.
For further information and an application form please visit the Trust website www.nsat.org.uk/careers-in-the-trust/vacancies
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 25th January 2021
Interview dates: To be confirmed