£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits
14 days ago
My client are looking for an ambitious qualified finance manager trained in a top 10 or Big 4 firm to head up the FM team and support the Finance Director.
My client are a Global household named financial services organisation.
- The production of the FRS 102 Statutory Accounts and other external reporting for selected companies, co-ordinating the work of other members of the team as appropriate, to ensure that outputs are technically correct, consistent and produced to agreed timescales;
- Oversight of investment and cash management activities for all UK companies managing the reporting to relevant internal committees and liaising with external fund managers as appropriate;
- Leading projects that recommend and implement process improvements that significantly enhance the quality of financial accounting and reporting;
- Leading project activity aimed at improving the control environment and efficiency across the Financial Reporting team and Finance as a whole;
- The production of accounting treatment proposals and judgement papers for presentation to the Audit Committee and other governance structures;
- Working closely with external audit on the audit of the Statutory Accounts and half year results;
- Ensuring that control points raised by either external audit or internal audit function are addressed and closed down promptly;
- Managing and developing a small number of direct reports as well as supporting this across the wider Finance team; and
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in key areas of the business and with external specialists.
We are looking for a professional qualified accountant who is self-driven and can work autonomously with a proven work ethic.
You will also need to be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with people from different backgrounds and disciplines to deliver results, often to tight timescales.
· Excellent technical accounting skills preferably gained in an insurance or regulated environment;
· Strong management and planning skills teamed with the ability to prepare technical accounting papers to a high standard;
· Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to proactively identify and suggest new approaches that promote a simplified and improved approach to how we work;
· You will have a controls mind-set looking to ensure that a robust control environment is maintained;
· Delivery focused with excellent attention to detail and a strong drive to resolve issues; and
· Very effective communication skills with experience of building strong relationships across teams.
£65,000 plus bonus and benefits.