|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£60000 - £75000 per annum + bonus, LTIP|
|Contact Name:||Chris Brannigan|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2021 09:49|
A new vacancy has arisen at a growing junior oil and gas business in London. Our client has strong assets in their exploration portfolio as well as a strong production set up.
This is a brand new position reporting to the Financial Controller.
The Finance Manager will be an integral part of the company and finance team. The role will involve a full spectrum of finance responsibilities from recording transactions in the ledger and preparing the financial reporting, through to supporting the FC/CFO in financing and M&A transactions.
This role will develop the FM in all areas of finance, including project accounting, financial accounting, tax and treasury. The role will suit a person who is organised, detailed, and keen to learn about all aspects of running a finance function/business. Given the small team, the role will have frequent, direct interaction with the CFO and exposure to the Audit Committee members.
Financial Reporting (c. 60% of the time):
- Responsible for financial reporting, including preparation of quarterly and annual reporting
- Preparation of monthly intercompany schedule and distribute to relevant teams
- Prepare quarterly accounting entries such as share option valuation, leases, timewriting and transfer pricing
- Management of the external annual audit and quarterly review process, including liaison with all stakeholders.
- Working closely with, and reviewing outputs from, finance teams at the assets.
- Contributing to building more efficient and robust processes and workpapers, with suitable audit trail
Other (c. 40% of the time):
- Preparation of the annual budget, including communication and coordination of stakeholders; Quarterly budget vs actuals review
- Update cash flow model. Support preparation of the monthly liquidity memo sent to the board
- Supporting the FC/CFO with the corporate loan and related covenants, and any refinancing or treasury projects
- Supporting the FC/CFO with any acquisitions, due diligence and integration into the group
- Supporting advisors with tax compliance and structuring projects
We are looking for a proactive and hands on individual who is organised and enjoys working in a small team, with varied responsibilities.
This person needs to be methodical and detail orientated to produce accurate and timely reporting and workpapers
As well as being responsible for the "day to day" accounting, consolidation and reporting, the candidate will need to be adaptable in running or supporting on projects which involve interaction with and preparation of materials for c-suite/board level/external financing advisors.
This role requires a strong accounting and advanced excel skills in order to produce high quality reporting, and improve existing workpapers, models and accounting memos.
It is essential that you will have an ACA or similar qualification.
Experience in oil and gas strongly preferred.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Manager
£70000 - £75000 per annum
Senior Finance Manager (Energy)
City of London, London
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus
Interim Finance Manager
£275 - £300 per day
Finance Project Manager
£400.00 - £500.00 per day
Interim Finance Business Partner
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£400 - £450 per day