|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2020 10:36|
First Rung is looking for a part time (2 days a week) Finance & Performance Manager to join the organisation in its mission of giving a second chance in education and training for disadvantaged young people in North London and South Hertfordshire.
Purpose of Job
The Finance and Performance Manager has overall responsibility for providing expert financial advice to the Chief Executive, the Board and other managers in their financial planning, management and performance review. This includes ensuring that First Rung Ltd complies with the rules and regulations as set out in the company’s Constitution and Articles and Memorandum of Association and the requirements of the Companies Acts and Charity Commission.
The overall targets are to: -
- Aspire to increase our direct EFA contract through the lagged funding system from £978k to £1.3m.
- Aspire towards growing apprenticeship delivery supported by our Traineeship Programme from £130k to £200k and exploit the potential opportunities of delivering our own direct contracts within the new developing apprenticeship levy rules.
- Deliver in full any ESF profiles or contracts with other consortium partners and to explore any further partnership working which may develop during the delivery.
- Develop a financial delivery model to support an increase in High Needs learners on to our programmes which results in an automatic High Needs allocation in our EFA contract.
- Deliver the requirements of being a registered Independent School and support the growth in the Uphold Program to 90 learners.
- Continue to explore opportunities to grow new business of sustainable, long term non-core business through partnerships with consortiums, schools and local authorities responding to developing opportunities.
- Aim to produce a small (but growing) surplus over three financial years except where the Board agrees to an investment programme where reserves are used for the long term development of the organisation.
The Finance and Performance Manager is a member of the company’s Senior Management Group.
Responsibilities for First Rung Ltd
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the financial systems and developing appropriate accounting policies.
- To be responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the company’s finance function and ensure that there are adequate internal financial controls. Specifically, supervising and supporting the finance team in their roles. To manage the Finance team including ensuring One to One’s and appraisals are performed.
- Supervision of the production of monthly management accounts, review and interpretation of the management accounts including profit and loss, balance sheet, forecast, cash flow, KPIs and any further requested information. Identifying issues and opportunities, and preparation of reports based on the accounts for the CEO, Treasurer, Finance and Premises Working Party and the Board.
- Preparation of the annual budget and longer term strategic budgets. Preparation of budget reports for the CEO, Treasurer, Finance and Premises Working Party and the Board.
- Preparation of Annual Accounts for external audit and full responsibility for yearend audit process and signing of Year End accounts by the Board.
- To plan and manage the company’s short, medium and long term investment strategy to ensure continued solvency and liquidity. To ensure that the company plans investment as appropriate both in conjunction with the Finance and Premises Working Party Board subcommittee.
- Overall responsibility for the preparation, submission and reconciliation of VAT returns
- Overall responsibility for payroll processing, including full accountability to Inland Revenue for monthly/yearly returns and all other Statuary bodies. Manage and maintain records on staff absences.
- Overall responsibility for the company’s management information system (PICS).
- Overall responsibility for the completion and submission of ESFA claims in line with ESFA published timetable including monthly reconciliation of PICS.
- To ensure that the company’s position and knowledge surrounding all contracts and programmes is up to date and funding maximized including ESFA Programme of Learning contract.
- Responsible for the organisation full insurance and contracts with suppliers, including renewals and tenders.
- As a member of the Senior Management Group, make an input into corporate and business planning at both the strategic and tactical levels; attend Finance and Premises Working Party and Board meetings and present reports.
- To ensure that staff and Learners’ personal information are treated in strict confidence and according to the principles and regulations of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- ACA qualified
- Minimum 2 years experience in Finance Department with a supervisory role
- Experienced in payroll and HMRC Returns and inspections
- Experienced with VAT (partial exemption) and related returns and inspections
- Experienced with annual audit and audit requirements
- Experienced in management accounting reporting and cash flow
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- KPI reporting experience
- An understanding of the client group
- Good communication skills and a team player
- The ability to react to a changing environment
- Good IT skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to report to Board level
- Experience in Educational/Third Sector
- Car Owner
Set by the Board Senior Remuneration Committee.Please apply with an up to date CV and a Supporting Statement detailing how you meet the Personal Specification.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Vale of Glamorgan
£35000 - £40000 per annum
£36000 - £38000 per annum + AMAZING BENEFITS
£45000.00 - £60000 per annum
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
£180.00 - £210.00 per day