Circa £50,000 plus benefits & flexible working
19 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
A market leading privately owned Suffolk business are looking to recruit a qualified accountant to join this exciting brand as Finance Manager to be based at their offices near Woodbridge, Suffolk and to take responsibility for finance for the group.
Your new role
As Finance Manager of this successful group you will be an active member of the Senior Management Team and provide financial integrity & control, support and influence on strategy, performance and business decisions. You will work closely with the operational stake holders and provide them with accurate and focused management information with key analysis and provide support with budgets, forecasts and business planning to achieve business targets.
Reporting and Information:
- Prepare accurate and timely Management Information including weekly updates of income and salaries.
- Ensure full weekly reconciliation of cash and credit cards receipts is performed.
- Ensure compliance with bank covenants and establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with bank. Liaise with payroll supervisor regarding weekly payroll variances. (approx. 350 staff).
- Attend Operational HOD meetings to address issues and queries arising.
- Produce monthly management accounts for all profit centres and Head Office to monthly deadlines.
- Complete monthly posting of Accruals and Prepayments for all profit centres.
- Control posting of monthly utility costs for all profit centres
- Liaise with operational areas to provide monthly commentary of profit centre results.
- Monitor profit centre performance to monthly budgets and forecasts to ensure that corrective action is taken where necessary to achieve targets.
- Completion of monthly review and analysis for all profit centres of their key KPI's.
- Data preparation, commentaries and analysis for quarterly HOD/Manager/Executive and Board meetings.
- Produce quarterly government statistical return information.
- Annual Accountabilities
- Production of the Annual budget schedules.
- Preparation of the Annual MI schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of annual audit papers and reconciliations.
- Answer adhoc audit queries.
Communication and relationships:
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Manage the Accounts team including appraisals, training, mentoring and developing as necessary.
- Achieve and maintain productive working relationships with the profit centres supporting and assisting them as quickly as possible with any queries or concerns.
- Provide financial information and on-the-job training, if required, to operational Managers
- Respond as quickly as possible to ad hoc requests for financial/statistical information.
What you'll need to succeed
The Finance Manager will be a qualified accountant with strong technical accounting and audit skills and good business acumen. They will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and present at all levels internally and externally. They will have proven people management experience and enjoy working in a team environment and be committed to the continued development of people, processes, controls and systems.
What you'll get in return
The Finance Manager will be offered a competitive salary in the region of circa £50,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.