20 days ago
Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
If you are passionate about languages, want to work with smart, creative, energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgement to make independent decisions every day - then you are probably the perfect addition for our growing team.
Busuu is the app that makes learning a language easier for everyone and proves that learning a language doesn’t have to be done in a classroom.We are the world's largest language learning community with over 100 million users in 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
What does a Finance Manager do at Busuu?
Reporting to, and working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be instrumental in delivering financial information to both internal and external stakeholders as well as providing daily operational support within the finance department and ensuring our processes and controls are water tight.
This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a fast growing Ed tech company and play a key role within our finance team. You will have a crucial role to play in our budgeting, forecasting and reporting initiatives, as well as working alongside experienced Business Intelligence, data, sales, product, tech and marketing teams.
- Work alongside the other team members to establish best in class controls, processes and internal reporting
- Drive the development of the company’s finance function, through standardised and reliable reporting and automation, ensuring consistent procedures across Busuu
- Assist with all aspects of the company’s day-to-day financial reporting and accounting
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process, including partnering with teams on variance analysis and identifying opportunities to reduce costs and increase profitability and cashflow
- Board reporting and company secretarial exposure
What we’re looking for in a Finance Manager:
- ACA accounting certification, 1-2 years PQE
- Good technical ability, accounting knowledge, and attention to detail
- The ability to be innovative and commercial, with an understanding of business outside of “Debits and Credits”
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Excellent operating knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets
In return we will ensure that you have:
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or the odd day working from home
- Monthly & quarterly company team events, Friday socials, and other activities
- Training budget, so you can learn more in your field, attend conferences and events that you find interesting
- Perkbox subscription with a lot of great benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- A well-equipped London office with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for a Finance Manager is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with the hiring manager about your experience and the role
- Excel Test - 60-minute remote exercise
- Interview - 1-2 hour interview to meet the team
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.