£45000 - £50000 per annum
28 days ago
I am currently looking to recruit for a Finance Manager for a Central Government function based in Worcester.
The Central Government function based in Worcester is looking to recruit for a Finance Manager to help support with their statutory duties and responsibilities.
The main responsibilities for the Finance Manager include;
- To contribute to the strategic, managerial and planing decisions, providing impartial, accurate and specialist financial advise to ensure that all decisions are made in an informed way.
- To attend and contribute in meetings to explain complex financial information in a way that can be clearly understood.
- To lead in the preparation of budgets and to provide specialist advice.
- To be the main point of contact for all funding and finance related issues for partnership, grant and commissioned services
- To support change programmes, to ensure sufficient challenge and rigour is built into the process and ensuring implementation of the effective business plan.
The successful candidate for the Finance Manager position will have a real belief in public service. You will be a change and people leader capable of managing performance. You will also be a professional who always acts with integrity and someone who assimilates complex information quickly, weighing up alternatives and making sound, timely decisions.
Previous public sector experience is essential and ideally in a large organisation whereby you will have sufficient awareness of working in a political environment subject to public scrutiny.
Qualified Accountants, CIPFA preferred.