|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2019 12:37|
Newly created role, Professional Services
Your new company
One of the largest UK and international firms, our Grade A client is regarded as a mid-market champion and offers a full suite of Advisory and Assurance services to its client base. This is an organisation renowned their people culture where they genuinely live by their values
Our client now seeks to recruit an ambitious finance manager for the newly created role within the London Tax function.
Your new role
You would be working closely with the Head of London Tax in managing the financial performance of the group on strategic issues and on a day-to-day basis as well as providing relevant support, advice and guidance to the overall team within the business unit on financial matters.
You could expect:
Group wide financial role:
- Regular liaison with the central Finance function, overseeing the month end and year end processes. Overseeing regular management reporting, making sure that billings, variances and journals are posted into the firm's finance systems in a timely manner
- Managing the Group's annual budget:
- Working Capital management for the group
- Overseeing the month end and year end processes, making sure that billings, variances and journals are posted into the firm's finance systems in a timely manner
- Authorisation of all non-chargeable spend in the group, using the firm's invoice approval system
- Managing a team to provide appropriate support
Support to Head of London Tax and also the 5 team leaders:
- Monthly financial analysis and reporting to the Partners and the Group Financial Controller to enable informed planning and decision making. It includes budget, rolling forecast, key performance indicators and analysis of variances
- Trend analysis
- Assist in the production and preparation of Group business plans and support the partners in identifying and developing strategy for the group and individual sub-streams;
- Support the partners in identifying and developing strategy for the group and individual sub-streams; providing support in driving through these strategic decisions,
- Supporting Lead Partner to ensure there remains a continued consistency of approach around the partner group
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a Qualified accountant or equivalent ideally with a background in internal finance in a Professional Services/Practice/LLP/Consultancy organisation
- Analytical and with the ability to handle/process confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Project Management, team leadership and delegation skills.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to enable proactive relationships with business leaders
- Capable of contributing to the strategic agenda with strong operational skills
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to shape this newly created role and influence strategy within a genuinely people centric culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Finance Manager / Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000 - £75000 per annum
Corporate Finance Executive
Finance Team Leader
£55000 - £60000 per annum
Forensic and Corporate Finance Specialist
Manager / Senior Manager
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits