|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £55,000|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 10:42|
We're looking for an experienced Finance Manager with great communication skills and a problem solving mindset to lead a close-knit team in our boutique firm serving Japanese corporate clients. Whether you have an interest in Japan and working with Japanese clients, returning after a career break, searching for a more flexible or family-friendly employer or just looking for a new challenge in a niche practice, we'd love to hear from you.
We're a growing accountancy firm specialising in inward investment work from Japan. Japan was the single largest investor in the UK in 2017, accounting for 29% of all inward FDI flows, and our client base reflects this - we work with clients from a wide range of industries from fashion, to confectionery, to UK branches of Japanese companies listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Our team is a mix of Japanese and British staff working together in a close, friendly and supportive environment, always with the goal of being a bridge between the UK and Japan.
About the role
As our Finance Manager, you'll begin with standard management accounting work and work on the statutory accounts of a number of clients, as well as training and helping a team of junior staff members with general accounting work. You'll also be optimising IT/software, as well as helping create an efficient workflow.
As you get more comfortable with your role, we'll help you develop specialist taxation skills, such as expatriate staff income tax work and tax treaty work as well as skills in VAT and corporation tax. This would be a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in acquiring/deepening their knowledge of taxation.
What you'll need
Our ideal candidate is a qualified or a highly skilled part-qualified ACCA/ACA who has previously handled a portfolio of clients (minimum 3 years' experience) familiar with management accounting, statutory accounts under UK GAAP (FRS102) and UK VAT.
We'd like you to demonstrate that:
- you have good IT skills, or are interested in developing your IT skills, in accounting software such as Sage 50 and Xero
- you are comfortable with Excel (such as vlookup and pivot tables etc.), and are willing to research or brush up on your skills when necessary
- you can plan projects and manage your time and your team's time to meet deadlines
- you are client focused and detail orientated
- you are self-motivated and a fantastic communicator who can encourage and support teammates
- you have some interest in Japan, Japanese culture or Japanese language skills (beginner Japanese is warmly welcomed and we can sponsor you language lessons)
What's in it for you?
We believe in looking after our staff and ensuring a good work/life balance. We are a family-friendly employer and offer a great pension, flexible working, and free Japanese snacks. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a performance linked bonus together with an increase of annual leave entitlement from the second year.
When you apply
Interested? Please apply with your CV together with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.