|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2019 11:12|
My client is an established multi-site Manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Leominster. Looking Finance Manager role is to provide support to the UK Financial Controller by safeguarding the assets of the companies and providing outstanding financial and commercial support to enable Insulation UK to deliver its strategic objectives, together with providing a fulfilling working environment for the finance team and by providing an excelling service provision to internal and external stakeholders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Managing and Leadership
- Providing strategic leadership within the costing function and ensuring the costing function supports the business at a strategic and operational level
- Ensuring the Finance staff are provided with the appropriate levels of supervision, mentoring & coaching.
- Ensuring that members of the costing team are trained with the appropriate skills to support World Class Operational manufacturing sites and to provide cross functional cover.
- Assist in recruitment and training of Finance staff
Weekly, Monthly and Annual Reporting
- Providing monthly variance analysis and forecasts to inform decision-making.
- Responsibility for ensuring that change management system is used appropriately and perform regular audits to ensure standard costs reflects changes authorized.
- Review monthly stock provision calculations
- Building trusted relationships with key personal across the business and operations, providing healthy challenge and collaborative support to enhance future performance.
- Responsibility for maintenance and housekeeping of costing system
- Gaining a good personal appreciation of the business through visiting the sites.
- Delivering projects such as amalgamation of new manufacturing sites into the business as well as rolling out best practice processes across UK manufacturing plants
- Supporting a robust stock management and obsolescence policy
- Providing accurate information to support the annual R&D tax refund calculation.
- Complete the following monthly Comshare schedules:, KPI Variance Analysis, Operations, Stock, Environmental
- Assist in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliation file on a monthly basis. Investigating and resolving any major discrepancies.
Internal Audit and Controlling
- Ensuring compliance with the Kingspan Group accounting manual, with focus on Factory controls compliance.
- Ensure internal Authority Matrix limits are adhered to.
- Ensure all SAP month end processes are conducted to ensure that revenue and costs are recorded in the correct accounting period.
- Check procedures/controls on stock movements
- Ensure appropriate Perpetual Stock take place on a regular basis and review the results.
- Prepare capital investment appraisals and monitor expenditure against approved projects for two manufacturing sites
- Supporting both Interim & Annual external Audits liaising as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing information and support to both the IDS team and the commercial team on costing and any other relevant business decisions.
Cost Reduction/Profit Improvement
- Preparation, review and update of standard product costs.
- Conduct Overhead reviews with Departmental managers/budget holders and identify areas where costs saving can be targeted in line with the strategic plan
- Support the manufacturing leads onsite with Capex Applications
- Review and approve and send to bank creditors payments runs.
- Review and Approve weekly and Monthly wages payment runs.
Strategic and Budgeting process
- Prepare Models and support annual budgeting and strategic planning process.
- Providing accurate costing information into the annual budgeting process
- Providing information to support strategic decisions around optimal production across sites
- Play a major role in the development and implementation of the agreed IT/business systems strategy for Finance.
- Provide financial advice/guidance to other employees including non-financial personnel.
- Providing support and cover for the Finance Manager AP Manager & Accounting during holidays and sickness.
This is a great opportunity to lead a fantastic team within an established and growing business. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as work very closely with a fantastic mentor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial Finance Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
Group Finance Manager
£55000.00 - £58000.00 per annum + benefits
Senior Finance Manager