|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Location:||York, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Anna MacDonald|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 16:36|
The Finance Manager will provide financial advice, analysis, control and support for a business unit and support the commercial activities and initiatives within the business. This is a highly commercial role with lots of exposure to the wider business. Offering a clear pathway for progression within the business.
A well-known and successful manufacturing business, based in York. The business have an excellent reputation and actively seek to hire talented and ambitious individuals - offering ongoing support and development to allow individuals to build strong and progressive careers.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Provide support to the Management team within the business, analysing and interpreting the accounts and other relevant financial information to ensure there is a full understanding of the financial implications of decisions made and that the commercial decision making process is robust.
- Provide proactive commercial finance support to the Business Unit General Manager and management Team
- Provide analysis of new and existing financial data to support Senior Management initiatives and the development of the business
- Working with the Business Unit Management team to ensure margins are maintained by effectively managing costs throughout the delivery of each project
- To prepare monthly profit, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts ensuring a full understanding of the variances is demonstrated and the highlighting of key risks and issues
- To provide effective leadership to the department, managing the development of the team where appropriate
- Be involved in the development of your business unit systems to ensure integrity of financial reports and effective knowledge sharing
The successful Finance Manager will:
- Hold a fully recognised Finance qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Preferably Practice trained with experience within a commercial role
- Have a commercial mindset
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to confidently challenge and influence key decisions
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders of various levels across the business
- Have a strong knowledge of technical accounting
- Have experience of managing and developing junior employees
- Be ambitious and motivate to learn and progress their career
Salary range £40-£50,000 (doe) plus good benefits
Clear opportunity to progress you career in the short to medium term.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Bonus and Benefits
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum