Finance Director - Rapidly Growing SME
|Job Title:||Finance Director - Rapidly Growing SME|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2020 13:44|
Finance Director vacancy with progression to CFO at an exciting time of company growth and ambition
Your new company
I am delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with an exciting SME international technology organisation based in Sheffield/Rotherham who are rapidly growing with ambitious aspirations to list on the London Stock Exchange in next 2 to 3 years.
The company are entering into a phase of explosive growth and are now seeking a 'hands on' Financial Controller/Finance Director to manage and control all accounting, financial control and reporting for the company through the continual growth phases.
Your new role
The business are still relatively small in stature, so you will initially be expected to run all financial tasks yourself, including running and operating the company's accounting system, preparing monthly management accounts and financial reports, supporting the sales teams with preparation of sales proposals, supporting product development teams with product cost tracking and the annual audit.
As the company continues its' rapid expansion, you will be expected to build a finance team to ensure the day to day financial control and reporting of the company is constantly up to date, alongside remaining compliant with the latest accounting standards.
The role will require:
- Day to day operation of the company's accounts system
- Operating of all internal cost and financial control systems
- Issuing of invoices and credit control
- Working with internal development and production to provide them with cost visibility and continual drive of cost minimisation
- Working with the sales teams to ensure proposals are financially robust and structured
- Working with auditors and other external advisers for corporate activities
- Maintenance of corporate records
- Other ad hoc tasks supporting the continual growth of the business, and latterly involvement in the listing of the business
What you'll need to succeed
The role will suit an experienced finance professional with a minimum of 10 years commercial experience and a formal accounting qualification, with an ambition to see themselves being the CFO of a public company within a 5 year time frame.
You will posses the following skills, qualities and experience:
- A CCAB recognised accounting qualification, with a minimum of 10 years commercial experience as a Senior Financial Manager or Finance Director
- Strong familiarity with the daily use of computerised accounting systems - SAGE would be preferred however is not essential
- A self-starter attitude, able to work alone and complete work to a high standard within tight deadlines
- A high level of common sense and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Highly IT literate with the ability to create clear and useful financial reports and presentations
- An ambitious and inquisitive nature
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
What you'll get in return
You will be joining the business at an exciting time of continual and robust growth.
As you continue your journey with the business, you will be given great commercial exposure to wider business operations and a chance to be part of the continued exciting growth plans for the business, including the public listing.
- Salary: £40,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
- Bonus: Company performance related bonus to be determined
- Free parking on site
- The opportunity for share options on completion of the public listing
- 25 days + 8 days statutory annual leave entitlement
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Director (IT Services)
£90000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + bonus
Senior Finance Manager
£60000 - £75000 per annum + 10% Bonus + Healthcare
Product Finance Manager
Project Accountant - Consolidation system
Project Accountant - Consolidation system
£450.00 - £500.00 per day