28 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
My client is a dynamic and forward-thinking company with more than 20 years' experience of trading in the UK investment markets. Their products and investment solutions have continually evolved to suit the challenges facing our investors.
They have adapted and strengthened to ensure that our investment solutions remain tax-efficient, transparent and compelling. Throughout this evolution, they have grown in partnership with their clients and professional advisors.
If you are a talented and dynamic Finance Director or looking for your next in your career then you would be considered. This role requires a talented individual to take the lead role in the Investment Company Accounts department within Investments for a fast-growing investment management business.
You will have general oversight of investment-related businesses which operate under the direction of Heads of Investment Teams and under the overall direction of the Chief Investment Officer. Reporting to the CIO and Investment Team Heads, the role will provide direct interfaces with senior management, and the Investment Teams.
The role will have a significant amount of autonomy and is required to provide system improvements and ideas for the growth of the business. Key responsibilities include:
- To oversee all portfolio companies accounting related matters including; preparing management accounts/financial statements, management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, cash management, cash flow reporting and business structuring.
- Oversight of the monthly management client fund accounts/information packs and highlighting to senior management key trends and issues for appropriate business decisions to be made.
- Recommend changes and that will improve financial performance of portfolio companies and create, implement and maintain robust and effective processes and controls in the finance function to safeguard investor's assets.
- Play a key role in the strategic direction and decision making of the business and its portfolio of investee companies.
- Identify and drive business improvement in cash management and ensure payment schedules align to cash flow requirements for client accounts.
- Management, coaching and development of existing fund accounts team and contribution to the team as it grows with the business including supporting their career development and accountancy training as necessary.
- Liaising with external auditors, tax reporting (including VAT, CIS, CT), and management of external accounting providers with regards to the production of annual statutory client fund accounts.
- To develop a strong understanding of the investment portfolio business model and the challenges that it will face and provide advice on how to manage those challenges including creation of financial models and forecasting analysis to inform key management decision-making.
- Assisting Investment Teams on structuring transactions, providing technical advice as necessary such as VAT, SDLT, capital allowances, and monitoring loan covenants across all areas.
- Compliance and monitoring as necessary including oversight of all the Energy Portfolio's £50m of senior debt facilities with various third-party lenders, as well an ensure all loan and interest commitments are met, submission of semi-annual financial covenant reports and distribution requests.
- Support the implementation of IT systems and the integration into the wider Finance technology solution for the business. * Management of NAV adjustments and creation of suitable share price valuation methodology and related company borrowing policies.
- Take a lead on managing key non-assurance service projects.
To be a successful candidate, you must have experience of working in a multi-company group structure in a private equity firm. You will have experience as a senior fund accountant or as a FD managing an Investment Company Accounts team.
You will be highly motivated by delivering excellent service to the CIO and Investment Team Heads. You will have astute attention to detail with demonstrable experience in highly analytical roles. The culture of is honest, meritocratic and suited to a self-driven individual who is detail orientated, motivated, career minded and keen to work in a sociable and people facing environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.