Bradford, West Yorkshire
£70000 - £80000 per annum
26 days ago
Overall responsibility for the Cashflow and Profit and Loss account and work with management to ensure that the firm's financial performance is better than budget and in line with strategic objectives around profitability improvement
This is achieved by supporting the management teams of 5 departments, representing the different areas of law serviced by our lawyers. In addition, the accounts team also partners with the Support functions
Our client are a mid-size law firm with 4 offices across Yorkshire.
- Be the Firms COFA remaining up to date with all compliance
- Responsible for preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts,
- Prepare Management Information for monthly pack
- Evaluate finance systems and make improvements where needed.
- Cultivate relationships with external stakeholders including bankers and auditors.
- Check & Sign monthly bank reconciliations
- Reviewing and approval of monthly payroll
- Completion of financial surveys and monthly statistics
- Ad-hoc Costing or other MI analysis
- Check Quarterly VAT returns
- Development of professional skills by attending and participating on in-house and external training courses and through personal development eg. CPD
- Managing the budgeting and reforecasting process for the two Companies and support departments
- Monthly reporting to the Board, highlighting key issues for discussion and proposing actions/solutions
- Meeting HOD bi-monthly to discuss key financial issues, performance against core KPIs and propose actions/solutions
- Providing finance support to business managers and meeting with them to help them understand the key financial issues they need to address. Liaise with budget holders to support their understanding of their results and work with them to monitor costs
- Analysing monthly management information (including performance statistics), identifying problems/issues, highlighting these to the team concerned along with workable solutions
- Ensuring smooth running of finances for the business
- Ensure the business has the financial capacity to achieve its objectives
- Develop and deliver the strategic plans in line with the board to meet objectives
- Drive and support the development of a positive and supportive culture throughout the business.
- Ensure the business has a highly effective back office team
- Comply with all aspects of the Office Procedures Guide
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Self starter - able to plan ahead, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience in firm of Limited company Accounts and SRA Accounts Rules
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- MS Office - Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Financial Controller/Head of Finance Experience
- Anti-Money Laundering knowledge
- Be able to demonstrate strong progression in their career to date
- A Board level operator
- The ability to lead, manage and develop a finance team, driving improvements and setting standards.
- Have a strong commercial instinct, capable of supporting the business on commercial decisions.
- Demonstrate the exceptional communication skills and personal presentation required to operate and influence at Board level.
Salary banding on offer of £70-80,000 + wider package (depending on experience).