|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Salary:||£75000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, £8,000 car, good benefits|
|Start Date:||ASAP/Subject to notice period|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 22:16|
Permanent Finance Director vacancy with a leading employer of choice: c£85,000 p/a + excellent package.
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working on a retained, exclusive basis with a leading employer of choice who are seeking to appoint a permanent Finance Director to be part of an established and talented wider Senior Leadership Team & Finance Leadership Team. Part of a wider group listed on the US NASDAQ, the organisation are a true leader in their market area, going through sustained organic growth and M&A activity.
This is a truly exciting time to join the business, and upon joining you will work closely with the Group CFO providing key strategic support and partnering with key operational senior leaders across the UK.
Your new role
You will report directly to the Group CFO where you will act as a key strategic support and business partner to key strategic and operational leaders. You'll partner with the business leaders, bringing finance to operations in a constructive way for growth, improve decision making process, operational efficiency and enhanced performance. It also means being involved in research and advising on key strategic operational decisions, whilst supporting also M&A activities and new contract negotiations.
Alongside this, you'll lead the regional FP&A team, working closely with the group FP&A Team (9) with dotted line responsibility for the Accounting Team, who are reporting to the group Accounting, Consolidation and Compliance Director to ensure complete and accurate accounting records and internal controls are adhered to, providing support as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving efficiency and supporting growth of the Region, with a straight reporting line to the Group CFO and a dotted line to Region North VPs.
- Working closely with Management Team members to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans, challenging and influencing as required
- Coordinate the evaluation of the risks and opportunities thus setting out early warning mechanism and proposing growth and/or mitigation plans
- Leading the bottom up regional budget exercise, forecast and performance analysis, following central guidelines. Contributing fully to the development of the business strategy, challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, targets and business drivers
- Support regional cash management agenda as required in collaboration with Group Treasury and Cash Management group by providing key inputs and assumptions from the business.
- Support the Senior Accountant as required with Internal Control programs
- Support Global and International teams with Region North transformation activity. Collaborate with North finance working in the matrix model and change communication and support. - Support the execution of BU changes in processes and policies.
- Supporting M&A projects on ad-hoc requests from Bus. Dev. Team
- Establishing high level of credibility and working relationships with external parties including customers and consultants
- Challenging and influencing internal & external stakeholders on business and operational side.
- Contribute in the preparation and evaluation of business proposals and ensure successful execution
Key role info:
Some travel will be necessary to lead decentralised team members and operational leaders located in the country (25%) - Area covered is one BU for one Finance BP/Finance Director Role will operate in a matrix environment
Focus on developing finance / business activities for the benefits of Region North Leader of the BU FP&A function administratively (9: including 3 direct reports)
What you'll need to succeed
This is a key appointment for the organisation, and as such the following essential requirements for submission to the position are as follows:
- CCAB Accountancy Qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience of managing change
- Proven track record working in global environment.
- Ability to lead by influencing management throughout the organisation
- Strong business acumen working in support to the operations of the region Proven finance leader able to develop an FP&A team
- Able to work in a matrix environment managing expectations and balancing appropriately directions from Operations and Finance Strong collaborator within the Finance function and with other functions across the region and group
- Broad expertise of finance, with particular focus on FP&A and Business Decision Support Superior knowledge in finance and accounting principles field (familiar with US GAAP)
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available - you will need to have flexibility for travel across multiple sites.
Salary: c.£85,000, £8,000 car allowance + 25% bonus
Outstanding benefits package including 25 days + statutory annual leave entitlement, 6% employer/6% employee pension.
You'll be working with a highly dynamic and exciting organisation with a forward thinking leadership team and a tangible opportunity to make a direct impact within a dynamic and exciting role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's