£40,000 - 50,000 pa depending on hours
17 days ago
Balance Support CIO, a charity based in Surbiton and working primarily with people with learning difficulties, is seeking a Finance Director to replace the current incumbent who is retiring.
The role Is for 25-30 hours per week and could be done partially from home, although attendance at the office would also be required up to two days per week. It is anticipated that the person appointed will hold a recognised accountancy qualification, be familiar with the Charities SORP and have experience of the Not-for-Profit sector. The successful candidate will be an effective decision-maker with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
About the role
The Finance Director will be a key part of the management team and will report to the CEO.
- Oversee the work of, and ensure the smooth running of, the Finance Department
- Manage and mentor the Finance Officer and any other Finance staff who may be appointed
- Take full responsibility for the finance function and raise concerns where appropriate
Budgeting and Monitoring
- Prepare budgets for the Board, CEO and Team managers
- Provide support to Team managers in the administration of their budgets
- Prepare monthly management accounts, (comparison of actual to budget and investigation of variances)
- Reforecast potential results to year-end where management accounts show significant variance
- Prepare quarterly financial statements (Income and Expenditure account and Balance Sheet) for presentation to the Board
- Provide such other financial information as the CEO/Board may require
- Liaise with CEO to ensure information sharing and transparency
Funding Applications and Returns
- Prepare budgets and other information for tendering and funding applications, as required.
- Provide monitoring information to funders, as required
- Run Payroll each month in conjunction with the Finance Officer and oversee the payroll function, including all payments to HMRC, Pension Funds and other creditors arising as a deduction from staff members
- Make monthly RTI report and year end returns to HMRC
- Add new members of staff to, and remove leavers from, payroll and produce any required documentation
- Prepare forms P11D if required.
- Carry out or instruct Finance Oficer to carry out any other payroll related task as required
- Liaise with HMRC when required on whichever matter
- Prepare all documentation required by the Auditors and liaise with them to ensure the audit process runs smoothly
- Prepare draft accounts in accordance with Charity SORP or other current requirements, as necessary
- Check final draft of accounts received from auditors and agree any audit adjustments
- Present final accounts to Board for approval
- Ensure that any other finance-related tasks that may be required are carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
How to apply: please send a CV and covering letter to
Ann-Marie Stephenson (HR Manager) email@example.com
If you would like an informal chat about this role, please email Ann-Marie and we shall arrange a time to call you back.
Closing date Friday 18 June