|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Location:||Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£65000 - £80000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Houghton|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2020 14:57|
Managing the day to day Finance function and providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company's financial commitments are met. Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business. Act as a Finance partner to the Managing Director and the Senior Management team to provide analysis and understanding of data and sales figures to Non-finance professionals
A well known emerging global organisation in the services sector.
- Financial Controls - identify and mitigate financial control risks; including review of all balance sheet reconciliations and other process checks. Ensure the follow-up and resolution of external audit control points. Identify required process improvements and co-ordinate teams required to implement the required process changes (internal audit).
- Monthly Management Accounts - provide timely Group management accounts for distribution to directors, bank and auditors, financial analysis supporting board reporting and accurate UK accounting.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - responsible for compilation of UK and Group budgets and preparation of cash flow and balance sheet budgets. Quarterly forecasts prepared and presented to directors, bank and auditors.
- Helping to develop the financial forecasts of the relevant assets and challenging the business teams on the assumptions driving these forecasts
- Business Partnering - Provide information to the Managing Director and Senior Management team to ensure effective financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide a business partner service to the management teams by providing input and information to support the efficient management UK business
- Articulating to the business the key messages behind the financial performance
- Delivery of pertinent analysis to facilitate the management teams and wider business's understanding of the performance of the relevant portfolio to aid decision-making
- Systems and Process Improvement - ensure world class systems and process are in place, appropriate for a growing business. This will involve building upon and documenting existing systems and processes as well as implementing new ones.
- Financial Planning - Lead and drive the divisional financial planning process and present to senior management at key points
- Monthly Packs - Build and deliver Divisional Monthly MI packs to provide visibility to business areas and board
- Year-end Audit and Reporting - Ensure the interim and year-end audit is completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with agreed timetables. Liaising with auditors and tax advisers as and when required.
- Managing site finance team - Lead, motivate and develop the Operations Finance team to maximise employee engagement. Promote, develop and embed a team approach to Finance in support of the wider business.
- Cash Management - manage delivery of annual cash objectives through setting targets in conjunction with the operations team.
- Payroll - manage the Payroll team ensuring that staff are paid accurately and on time and supporting HR with the preparation of budgets and other analysis.
- A qualified Accountant ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Knowledge of UK Gaap and IFRS
- Strong proven track record of analysing complex information and reporting to non-finance Directors
- Effective communication skills and ability to converse with senior Directors in the business
Competitive basic salary and package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Finance Analyst
City of London, London
£300.00 - £400.00 per day
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Forensic Investigations Director, Boutique Firm
Competitive + bonus + benefits
£100000.00 - £130000.00 per annum
Internal Audit Manager
£55000.00 - £62000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits