|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Salary:||£85,000 + benefits|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 17:13|
Salary £85,000 + benefits
Home based with occasional meetings in central London and continental Europe
Founded in 1991 The European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) is a UK based charity which supports training, education and research in the fields of cataract and refractive surgery. Its activities are centred in Greater Europe, and there are 7,500 members from 130 countries world-wide. There is in addition a trading company, ESCRS Trading.
The Society has a global reputation for promoting the highest standards of both professional conduct and clinical care among Europe’s ophthalmic surgeons. The Society runs a main conference with c9,000 delegates, the second largest Ophthalmology conference in the world, together with a smaller winter conference.
We are now seeking a Finance Director, to work collaboratively with the Managing Director. This is a high-profile role within the Society and an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional who will:
- be responsible for the effective financial operation of the charity
- have experience of managing substantial outsourced functions, contracts and transition projects
- possess skills in project management skills, finance transformation programmes, supplier performance management, risk identification and management and successful relationship management
- provide leadership and guidance in all aspects of the Society’s financial activities ensuring it complies with its financial and regulatory responsibilities
- have experience of good corporate and fiscal governance gained within a professional or charitable organisation
- Generate enthusiasm and a can-do affiliative atmosphere
The European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons an equal opportunities employer
Marylebone Executive Search are exclusively managing this role, and so all applications will be reviewed by them in the first instance.
When applying online please submit your CV along with a personal statement demonstrating how you meet the attached person specification. For an informal confidential discussion call Richard Evans on 07958 984161 or 020 3126 4858
Closing date for applications: 14th September 2020
Longlist Interviews: Week Commencing 21st September 2020
Final Panel Interviews: TBC October 2020
To find out more visit www.escrs.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's