|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Taylor|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2020 14:12|
Your new company
Hays are working on an exclusive basis with the multi award winning business Dezrez - one of Wales' most dynamic and upward moving technology companies offering software and legal solutions to the estate agency market. From their humble beginnings, they have outgrown three offices in Swansea. They employ the largest dedicated development team in the industry and the team keeps growing. Established in Swansea over 20 years ago they deliver market leading cloud-based software and legal conveyancing services for fast growing property sales and lettings businesses, using their technical and commercial expertise to pioneer intelligent solutions. They value their customers, are trusted by 100s of brands and 1000s of property professionals - use their expertise and collaborative approach to exceed customer expectations and thrive on continual development and accelerated growth.
Your new role
The Finance Director is a key and influential member of the SMT (Senior Management Team), leading finance and helping drive the business agenda in line with strategic goals, acting as the trusted advisor and finance partner to the Managing Director and the Board. A genuine opportunity to drive the business through a period of high growth and product investment as they continue their quest to deliver great software for the estate agency market, in the UK and abroad.
Business Finance Activities
- Provide financial planning and analysis leadership to the senior management team to assist in delivering financial targets, with a focus on cash generation and return on investment.
- Analyse variances and provide reports to give insight as to performance to enable financially based decision making.
- Educate and inform the business of status of performance vs budget and last year through timely, accurate and appropriate reporting. Lead education & communication on operating financials & cash targets.
- Identify gaps vs initial business plans and recommend actions supported by analysis.
- Work closely with the MD to understand the business drivers and provide support for risks and opportunities.
- Take the proactive lead on securing grant funding.
- Provide leadership for the finance team (approx. 5) which is organised between Management Accounting and Financial Accounting, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure through appropriate commercial controls that the business implements appropriate commercial terms with its customers. Responsible for customer license agreements, including drafting and review for multiple products.
- Challenge existing and develop new financial processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting, creating workflow efficiencies where possible.
Accounting and Reporting
- Develop the businesses reporting to enable in-depth analysis of the business performance and understanding of key business drivers.
- Ensure controllership through consistent and active involvement in business decisions.
- Ensure on-time and accurate reporting.
- Ensure that the routines & controls for the entities are in place to close every month. Actively participate with cash management.
- Ensure compliance with accounting rules and IFRS leading to no audit issues.
- Ensuring statutory accounts are correctly completed and filed in a timely manner.
- Commercially-minded with demonstrable experience as a passionate finance leader. With familiarity with the following:
- dealing in a multi internal customer environment, e.g. sales, service, project delivery
- commercial contract exposure
- strong systems skills (ERP and business intelligence)
- A proven track record of success in enhancing the capability of the finance function and leading the operation to deliver financial targets.
- Excellent leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate, collaborate, motivate, and lead a tight knit team. A proven track record of successfully defining and implementing change within the finance function to deliver improved business support and enhanced functional value.
- Strong personal credibility to influence and inspire team members to achieve and exceed personal targets in a relaxed but focused environment. This combined with strong team player attributes, capable of building strong working relationships with the senior management team to achieve strategic goals. A self-starter who can translate business needs into actions.
- A driven graduate qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
You will become part of the Dezrez team where their values are simple - trust, growth, innovation, team work, equality, success, wellbeing and fun. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most passionate and driven people in the industry. They offer a relaxed but focused environment, flexible working hours and work from home days.
What you need to do now
If you would like to work for one of Wales' most dynamic and upward moving companies please contact Jackie Taylor, their retained consultant from Hays for further information and/or to arrange an informal discussion. Any direct or speculative applications will be forwarded to Jackie Taylor for review.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £60000 per annum + plus 10% bonus & benefits
Regional Head of Finance
£125000.00 - £140000.00 per annum
Project Finance Manager
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Interim Finance Analyst
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus, excellent pension, other benefits