|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Salary:||Competitive salary and benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2020 20:16|
Your new company
Highly innovative market leading business, part of a highly successful international group, are looking to recruit a Finance Director who will work closely with the Managing Director and Group Chief Financial Officer and be a key member of the leadership team. The Finance Director will take responsibility for finance and will influence and help drive business strategy.
Your new role
- As Finance Director you will provide Financial Planning and Analysis leadership to the UK Management team to deliver financial targets and 4 year business plan with a focus upon EBITDA and cash generation.
- Lead the business financial agenda; organising sales and operational reviews for the Sales and Business Units and facilitate monthly review process of sales segments and margins, operations, sourcing and R&D, providing coordination and leadership within the team.
- Analyse the variances (vs LY and vs budget) related to Sales and Plants activities and provide reports to the Sales Unit and Business Unit Directors to give insight as to performance to enable financially based decision making.
- Educate and inform the teams of status of performance vs budget and last year through timely, accurate and appropriate reporting. Lead education & communication on operating financials & cash targets.
- Identify gaps vs initial business plans and recommend actions supported by analysis.
- Work closely with the CFO to understand the business drivers and provide support for risks and opportunities.
- Provide leadership for the Finance team (approx. 9) which is organised between Management Accounting and Financial Accounting, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure through appropriate commercial controls that the business implements appropriate commercial terms with its customers, in both the UK and internationally, and then lead the review process to highlight and action, together with the commercial leadership, areas of improvement/concern to guarantee the success of the business.
Accounting and Reporting Main responsibilities
- Ensure Controllership through consistent and active involvement in business decisions.
- Ensure on-time and accurate reporting minimising manual work with automated processes.
- Ensure that the routines & controls for the entities are in place to close every month. Actively participate with group cash management at entity level with focus on Day Sales Outstanding, Days Inventory Outstanding & Days Payable Outstanding to target working capital.
- Ensure and demonstrate that initiatives are delivering shareholder value through effective financial analysis.
- Ensure compliance with Group accounting rules and IFRS leading to no audit issues.
- Reinforce local rules of delegation of authority or propose new ones if required.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and adherence to the Group Compliance model.
- Operate with complete integrity within the legal framework in all activities and in accordance with the FW Ethics Policy.
What you'll need to succeed
- The Finance Director will be a graduate qualified accountant with a track record of enhancing and developing a finance function and leading an operation to deliver its financial targets within a investment backed, international manufacturing business with multiple channels to market. It is critical that the Finance Director has an international perspective and is able to work effectively across boundaries & cultures.
- The Finance Director will have excellent leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate, motivate, and lead teams at all levels. and a proven track record of successfully defining and implementing change within the finance function, to deliver improved business support and enhanced functional value.
- They will have a strong personal credibility to influence and inspire team members to achieve and exceed personal targets, combined with strong team player attributes, capable of building strong working relationships with the management team, the Group Finance team and UK entity partners, to achieve strategic goals.
- They will be a self-starter who is able to translate business needs into actions.
What you'll get in return
The Finance Director will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package which will include; bonus, pension and car allowance. They will also be joining the business at a very important and exciting time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
car allowance, bonus
car, bonus and benefits
Finance Director Designate
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bens
£50000 - £55000 per annum