|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Start Date:||2019-12-30 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Uniqua Admin|
|Job Published:||December 30, 2019 14:01|
Highly competitive package
Overview of the role and desired candidate
Though based in the UK, the scope of this role is Global and will be accountable for the global Finance function within the Group.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Director to oversee all financial aspects of the business and drive the company’s business strategy (alongside fellow Directors), financial strategy and planning. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible investments opportunities, including but not limited to acquisitions, new lines of business or expansion into new geographical markets. They would also be expected to highlight and manage the risk of these opportunities.
The Finance Director will be experienced with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. They will be a strategic thinker and effective leader who can make data driven and commercially informed decisions to grow the business in a sustainable manner.
We are looking for an individual who has the required passion, skill and experience across all areas of Finance, but just as important, we’re seeking an individual who can thrive and demonstrate leadership in a fast changing and entrepreneurial business.
Travel industry experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Key member of the strategic team with the responsibility for robustly challenging the Financial benefits of all strategic options
- Responsible for developing a motivated and engaged Global Finance team of 16 (10 in the UK) that offers a consistent level of service to our business – demonstrating a passion to get into the detail and lead by example
- Accountable for setting clear expectations and providing consistent performance feedback to assist the team to accomplish key performance goals, and assessing ongoing training and development needs
- Responsible for driving a high performing, collaborative culture and developing strong relationships with our internal stakeholders to ensure smooth flow of communication and delivery of integrated solutions
- Responsible for developing a continuous improvement culture within Finance to ensure we absorb the growth plans of the business
- Accountable for the integration of the business into the group.
- Responsible for retaining constant awareness of the company’s financial position and acting to prevent problems
- Accountable for delivering the monthly group reporting timely and accurately in line with the group guidelines
- Overall accountability for delivery of the annual budget and regular forecasts throughout the financial year
- Ensure best practice financial processes and procedures are adhered to and maintained
- Responsible for the compliance of Global Financial and Tax regulations
- Educated to degree level, Qualified Accountant. Chartered, Certified or CIMA, ideally with Travel experience
- Prior experience operating as an FD.
- Corporate Finance background – bought & sold businesses
- Audit background – even if at beginning of career
- Commercially focused – not down in detail of figures/data but able to see red flags and delve into it
- Experience working within business of £50-100 million turnover and ideally owned by an international PLC parent.
- Pref experience of system integrations but not essential
- International experience preferred
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Director (Furniture Design)
£80000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + bonus
Associate Director of Finance
£55000 - £65000 per annum + 100% bonus potenial
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum