£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
16 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
A high-growth collaborative company designing products that inspire children of all ages. They are obsessed about visual design, animation, and creating original educational content.
Your new role
If you are looking for a hands-on role where you will spend your time supporting the CFO in a range of tasks centred around the financial space, this opportunity is for you. Responsibilities include:
- Create monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts for UK and US
- Formalise account information for annual tax returns (UK and US)
- Assist CFO and CEO with ad hoc projects and tasks
- Daily bookkeeping of all transactions on Xero and Quickbooks
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Managing the cash flow, purchase ledger, payments and bank reconciliations
What you'll need to succeed
- Commercially minded qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, or CIMA)
- Experience using accounting software (Xero and Quickbooks preferably)
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguity with an ability to prioritise
- Highly organised and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Team player with a desire to collaborate and contribute
- Experience of using JIRA (project management software) would be desirable
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package with the opportunity to work a progressive and welcoming Media environment. You will also interact with senior decision makers and get the chance for personal growth around increased financial responsibility.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion around your career.